What are you listening to, right this minute, right this moment?

Today at work I listened to Grant Green's Green St. I was too busy being into it to poast at the EXACT moment. I listened to a little Lenny Breau too.

Don't be impressed by an hi brow implications. I was listening to DLR Eat 'Em and Smile before this.

Up until I started practicing this afternoon:

11391118_10153438524247425_9027714544432349168_n.jpg

A bunch of Brazilians putting in hard wood flooring in the office suite directly above my office. Loud as fuck but the singing and laughing suggests they're having a good time and/or are up to something. Oh, and there goes the broken Kerig coffee maker, sounds like an old lady blasting out a long, dry fart.

Pat Martino is The Man. In fact, after what happened to him*, Pat Martino is The Man x 2.

* In 1980, Martino underwent surgery as the result of a nearly fatal brain aneurysm. The surgery left him with amnesia, leaving him, among other things, without memory of how to play guitar, and of his musical career. With the help of friends, computers, and his old recordings, he made a recovery, and learned to play the guitar over again.

Jason Isbell - Something More Than Free
DL'd an advance copy until the pre-order is released. One complete listen so far and I like it. His writing is still incredible so no disappointment there. Needs more listens...
image-1024x1024.jpg

Back