What’s new Weiners?

Gotta visit Washington, Oregon, Nevada, both Dakotas, Idaho, Minnesota and Hawaii for the sweep. I've only been over the Utah line about 100 feet and got gas in Rodeo, NM a few times. Need to revisit.
:jam:
Hit me up when you do. I'm always down.

Kaieteur Falls, Mahaica River tour, Several seawalls, Kingston and Enterprise seawalls, Surama Eco-Lodge, Atta Rainforest Lodge, Rock View Lodge, Manari Ranch, Karasabai, Lethem, Burro-Burro River, Rupununi savannah, Georgetown Botanical Gardens. Never heard of Amalia Falls. Once away from Georgetown, everything in on solar or generator, no 24/7 electricity. Food was fantastic!

Sounds like a thorough trip!! Guyana is pretty rough, but that's also one of its charms.

Amaila is sorta near Kaieteur Falls. The plan was to build a dam and hydroelectric plant there and help Guyana start to use renewable energy (when I was there they mainly generated power by burning diesel). The road to the falls was built, all the surveying and environmental impact studies from the proposed reservoir were done... but the dam never happened. My fear is that road is just accelerating rainforest decline and Amer-Indian culture decline. Sigh. My two trips there were life-changing, in the best ways possible.

Sounds like a thorough trip!! Guyana is pretty rough, but that's also one of its charms.

Amaila is sorta near Kaieteur Falls. The plan was to build a dam and hydroelectric plant there and help Guyana start to use renewable energy (when I was there they mainly generated power by burning diesel). The road to the falls was built, all the surveying and environmental impact studies from the proposed reservoir were done... but the dam never happened. My fear is that road is just accelerating rainforest decline and Amer-Indian culture decline. Sigh. My two trips there were life-changing, in the best ways possible.
Wow. I didn’t want to say it. Everywhere in Central and South America seems to be hotter and drought stricken. Kids are all leaving for the oil fields and most are looking at their phones all day. A few young birding guides give me hope. Shamanism is a lost art in Guyana. Still hope in indigenous regions of Panama, like the Guna Yala.

Wow. I didn’t want to say it. Everywhere in Central and South America seems to be hotter and drought stricken. Kids are all leaving for the oil fields and most are looking at their phones all day. A few young birding guides give me hope. Shamanism is a lost art in Guyana. Still hope in indigenous regions of Panama, like the Guna Yala

I drop in from time to time. Spend most of my time growing old, gigging, playing disc golf and looking forward to retirement.

Back