Went on an archeological dig at Premier, found my Silver Jubilee 4x12

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I always had plans to refurbish this but it was never a priority. I found a box full of new hardware (handles, corners, jackplate and whatnot) and I have a roll of black tolex. Part of me just wants to clean the silver tolex really well and make it functional again even though I never have gigs where I can use a cab this big. An added bonus was that I thought I had put the greenbacks into another cabinet many years ago and lo and behold there they are:

IMG_4169-1.JPG
IMG_4166.JPG
IMG_4167.JPG
IMG_4168-1.JPG

Last edited:
If you managed to actually lose and then find a 4x12 cab, I'm feeling better about the state of my garage. :)

hehe. this is in the back of premier....we have an open space that is 6'x24' with a roll up door that I've used as storage..I knew the cab was back there but it had been buried under a pile of broken old computers, printers, boxes and whatever.

How much for the speakers (either all 4, or 2) shipped to WV?

Not sure. I'm kinda thinking that I want to put it together and hear what it sounds like with the Badger before I decide anything.

Do not let those go... You'll regret it! Original G12M sound terrific. That Badger would be a great amp for those.... Perfect studio setup

Do not let those go... You'll regret it! Original G12M sound terrific. That Badger would be a great amp for those.... Perfect studio setup
Those are from the mid 90's so
I'm not sure they are all that special? But at least they aren't made in China like the new ones.

very cool
man has that thing been.....um......used.

DO NOT SELL
I don't think anyone would buy it if I wanted to. Part of me wants to sneak into work early today and start cleaning it up.

I do have a gig tomorrow night after all :embarrassed:

I don't think anyone would buy it if I wanted to. Part of me wants to sneak into work early today and start cleaning it up.

I do have a gig tomorrow night after all :embarrassed:

there was a band in the 80's/90's around here called The Other Half. the guitarist had like three full stacks of marshalls on stage. they played the bigger clubs. but anyway, the cabs were empty, and so were the heads. he had the amp lights plugged so they lit up, but it was totally a prop. behind one of the bottom cabs he had a 30 watt Gorilla miked up and THAT's what was coming out of the PA.
maybe you should do something like that. pull the greenbacks out and just use it for the "wow" effect.
it would be funny as hell. :thu:

there was a band in the 80's/90's around here called The Other Half. the guitarist had like three full stacks of marshalls on stage. they played the bigger clubs. but anyway, the cabs were empty, and so were the heads. he had the amp lights plugged so they lit up, but it was totally a prop. behind one of the bottom cabs he had a 30 watt Gorilla miked up and THAT's what was coming out of the PA.
maybe you should do something like that. pull the greenbacks out and just use it for the "wow" effect.
it would be funny as hell. :thu:
Nah. I'm not about the wow effect as much as "shock and awe" :embarrassed:

Reactions: OGG
I have an old 4-12 cab loaded with English Celestion speakers from the same era as your amp. Cab is a Carvin loaded with seventy 80 speakers. Cab is just sitting unused. I could flip it for a few hundred bucks, but I'm waiting for the toan experts at TGP to go crazy for English speakers so I can make more money off it. Your cab is probably worth more intact than just the speakers, as it is a famous Marshall amp. I'd just hang on to it, especially as you have storage. Also, we all know you are getting the reissue head, and what better than an original cab to run it through.

Also, we all know you are getting the reissue head, and what better than an original cab to run it through.

:embarrassed:

Mine has the English greenbacks but they are from the 90's. The original speakers were solg off long ago. The new reissue cabs have vintage 30's and for some reason I don't hate them in the Jubilee cab.

Back