Weekend Wrapup

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Kinda of a mellow weekend...finished up a new lesson series for this month and celebrated Mrs W's birthday early. Discovered this beer and really liked it:

10676385_10152806735487425_5930974884191256846_n.jpg

my weekend was pretty much in the "griffin's hines farm" thread.
today got out to the woods for some walking/hiking.....then chicken on the grill and now just sippin' sudz and chillin'......noodling around on the strat.

Aggies & Texans won
Europe kicked our butts in the Ryder Cup, but it was fun to watch
Drank muchos margaritas yesterday, and cooked delicious banh mi sandwiches.
Did some telescope mods.
Ran and practiced golf.

Friday - Lived in airports and airplanes. Boarded my first fight at 6:embarrassed:0 AM Eastern time and finally, 4 planes later, landed in Seattle at 11:embarrassed:0 PM Eastern time. I was supposed to get here about 2:embarrassed:0 PM Eastern time.

Saturday - Attended some workshops, presented a workshop, did a book signing, attended more workshops, then took a shuttle bus to Pikes Market, which was closed. Walked around with some other folks from the conference, ate, and took the bus back to the hotel. The trouble with going out with a bunch of addiction counselors is that I don't want to order a beer and scandalize anyone.

Sunday - Attended a board meeting that lasted from 8:embarrassed:0 AM until 3:30. Mostly boring with periods of heat. I will attend a reception at 5:15, then intend to just hang out in the hotel room and chill. I did write a new song this morning, though I haven't got a guitar to confirm the chord structure.

Tomorrow is a full day of workshops, a luncheon, more workshops, then an open mic and auction. Tuesday morning I'll hit one last workshop, then get ready for my 1:embarrassed:0 PM flight home; I'm due back in Hartford at 11:10 PM Eastern time. I'm not betting on that. :rolleyes:

Friday found me watching my Mother getting accolades from the Prime Minister of our Country,(Steven Harper),the Premier of our provence,(Stephen McNeil),and the Mayor of our town,(John Savage)..The rest of the time was spent hanging around with loved ones...Including my Mom of course......Daughters,sisters, brother and nieces and nephews that I haven't seen in a while..

Other than that....Preparing for next week..............

Friday found me watching my Mother getting accolades from the Prime Minister of our Country,(Steven Harper),the Premier of our provence,(Stephen McNeil),and the Mayor of our town,(John Savage)..The rest of the time was spent hanging around with loved ones...Including my Mom of course......Daughters,sisters, brother and nieces and nephews that I haven't seen in a while..

Other than that....Preparing for next week..............
Congrats to Mom, sir.

Worked a half day Saturday. Called a guy who's steps were not ready Wednesday, when I did the rest of the job. He didn't answer, I really didn't want to work more on Saturday. That means I have to work late Monday, he is closing on Monday.

Watched the Bears loose today. They won their last two but, they were night games, could only watch first half.

Cullom Jam, 4th Sunday of the month, every month, is today. Son, and I went once, it wasn't his thing. Gospel, and old country. Mr. Saffer, the coolest teacher my kids had, moved to Kempton, he is getting divorced, threw a welcome myself to the neighborhood party last month, and somebody asked him if he wanted to go to the jam. He was busy. So today, I ask son, if I can talk Mr. Saffer into going, do you want to go to the Cullom jam. Sure. I call him. Not his number anymore. We drive over there. No he can't go but, I've got a firm commitment for next month. Also probably for Picklefest.

He showed us some toys he got, can't remember the name, it looks like a little toy guitar, the frets near the neck go all the way across the fret board, then the higher frets staggered, only half way across the fret board.

And a balalaika. We brought that home with us, just ordered some strings.

Friday- got off work decently and went clothes shopping with the Missus. we are leaving for a trip this week and the only time i get clothes is before we take a trip!

Saturday- did the yard, printed out our boarding passes and luggage tags,scheduled holds for the mail and paper and all the other fun stuff I have to do before taking a trip!

Sunday-washed the cat,washed the dogs and then watched the falcons BLOW a game

I was supposed to have a long weekend, as Rosh Hashana started Wednesday evening. Instead, I had 101 fever until Friday night and slept most of Saturday (though I did feel better). Today we went to an all day birthing class. So yay weekend. At least there's band practice tomorrow night.

Friday - worked and then out to see the band at a new venue for them. It went well even though they really had to turn down for this place. The room was till a bit of an echo chamber but I really expected it to be a lot worse. New place, they were there to impress...so, didn't ask me up. :grin:

Saturday - hit the big tent event for the Grape and Wine Festival. The band was supposed to have second spot on the big stage, but got switched up to opening at 5PM because the other band was booked elsewhere for the afternoon.
It went well, but the crowd was small-ish. Most people were at the event in the park. Since this was a big show for them, they didn't ask me up, but the guitarist asked me afterwards if I'd ever try a big stage event like this and I said I was game.
We hung around to see a bit of the other band and I wanted to leave after the first song. We stayed for a few more but I really didn't enjoy it. They were too noisy. Not too loud. Too noisy. If that makes sense. It was kind of an assault on the ears. It might have been because the crowd was bigger by then, but I just did not enjoy one second of it. Out of the five songs I heard, I only recognized two and one of those only after someone told me what it was. It's bad when you know a song but just can't hear it..

Sunday - fended off attempts to get me to cut the lawn and close the pool and we all went cruising in the NewYorker instead. :)

Home with the two younger kids as my wife and oldest were in Boise. Slept in, guitar (acoustic) and soccer with my girl yesterday. Her team won (they almost never win, despite a great spirit) in a shootout. One of the parents posted a short, short vid. My daughter is not pictured, but it is a cute video.

Today, more guitar (electric), chores, a mountain bike ride, and took the kids to do some shopping for their nordic skiing team needs.

Friday, I went to bed around 8:30, then slept in until 7:embarrassed:0 (that's sleeping in when you've got a one year old). Then took a nearly two hour nap before noon. Don't know what that was about, but apparently I needed it. Other than that, did some lawn mowing, planted garlic, tulips, and crocus, stacked firewood, wrote some rhythm guitar parts for the up coming album, hung with Boy. Oh yeah, Saturday afternoon i took him to a matching band competition my school was hosting. That was pretty wild.

I didn't take any pics this year and the only video I'm aware of is Chicago posted above.

That's not to say there won't be pics and videos, but they aren't coming from me.

Friday: Not much of anything...sat around the house.
Saturday: coached my son's soccer team. We got shelled. Drank exactly one Dogfish India Brown. Watched The Thin Man on DVD.
Sunday: coached my son's soccer team. Closer, but we still lost. Painted a bit of the outside of the house. Watched some PBS. Posted this.

Cousin's boy's first birthday party, waffle breakfast, not enough sleep, and now I'm waiting for pizza to show up while drinking Moose Drool and watching Superbad. :embarrassed:

Back