Was Hercules a Hipster

• no way

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • yes....he ran the original Pitchfork which was "printed" on stone tablets

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
They recently found Mr. Hercules head and he did infact have a beard...was he a hipster ?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...pulled-up-from-roman-shipwreck-site-in-greece

2686.jpg

Short hair and beard - check.

pork pie or ironic trucker hat - no dice.

Not a hipster.
well obviously his trucker cap would have been washed away by now since he was underwater for a long time.

I think so, yes. A lot of these ancient timers were, I mean they were into micro brew, organic olive oil, trekking, personal development and the whole proto-hippie guru thing. Noah did the animal rights thing way before Jeremy Bentham, John the Baptist was probably the world's first honey gourmet, Gilgamesh pioneered interrail way before the train and Europe was even invented, and Akhenaten was way more California than Alan Watts, The Doors and present-day tech billionaires combined.

I think so, yes. A lot of these ancient timers were, I mean they were into micro brew, organic olive oil, trekking, personal development and the whole proto-hippie guru thing. Noah did the animal rights thing way before Jeremy Bentham, John the Baptist was probably the world's first honey gourmet, Gilgamesh pioneered interrail way before the train and Europe was even invented, and Akhenaten was way more California than Alan Watts, The Doors and present-day tech billionaires combined.
I trust John only consumed raw, local honey though and not the runny kind in the cute little plastic bear bottles

I trust John only consumed raw, local honey though and not the runny kind in the cute little plastic bear bottles

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure he asked the bees for permission as well, like on a spiritual level, though my sources are kinda ambiguous on that matter.

Probably. Both Hercules and “the hipster” are figures from the ancient past.

Last edited:
Look at that handsome face... those finely detailed features.... the way the sculptor captured that subtle smile on the face of Hercules that expresses both confidence and compassion.

If hipster is a blanket term for a young person that confuses old people, then yes. Kids these days can't afford their own Aegean Stables because they spend all their money on Apples of the Hesperides Toast, etc.

You know that I know that you know hipster are a thing….one needs not look any further than Pitchfork :cop:

Nothing more hip than a 20 year website owned by Condé Nast. I’m going to their super hip festival to see a 30-something singer who wrote a NYT best seller. So edgy. So underground. Grandpa Deebo probably thinks millennials are still in high school.

Back