Wampler Bravado 40w Amp

I got to hear it at NAMM. It's a great neutral tube platform for pedals. When Brian would switch between the Pinnacle, Tumnus, and some of his other great pedals, the amp would really transform.

Ouch... the price? I though he was shooting for $1400-1500. Hmm... that's pretty pricey. :(

FWIW I always thought the clean channel on Blackstar HT-Venue amps does this well, and at a much lower price.

I actually am looking at a Blackstar for that reason. I went and tried the 40 watt combo and the cleans were exactly what I am looking for. I was bummed they didn't have the 20 watt head to try out but if it is anything close to the 40 watt combo, it is perfect.

I actually am looking at a Blackstar for that reason. I went and tried the 40 watt combo and the cleans were exactly what I am looking for. I was bummed they didn't have the 20 watt head to try out but if it is anything close to the 40 watt combo, it is perfect.

Sweetwater is blowing out the 20 watt head for $299 right now.

FWIW I always thought the clean channel on Blackstar HT-Venue amps does this well, and at a much lower price.
Blackstar has put out some killer stuff. For some reason they remain just below the radar in terms of breakout popularity.

the cheaper blackstar stuff has reliability issues.

I would not pay that much for a pedal platform amp. I think you could easily get many excellent 2-3 channel amps that would have a great clean and a great gain channel for that price.

Sweetwater is blowing out the 20 watt head for $299 right now.

I'm not sure that is a blowout price. That has been the price everywhere for the last few weeks. I'm waiting to see what the holiday bonus is before I get something. If it's big, I may snag the 40, if not, the 20 is in my future :grin:

The Wampler sounds great. Don't need it. I have this '66 Super Reverb chassis sitting around to tweak sometime in the future.

I assume the Fat switch is just a tone stack lift switch from its position right bedside the Mid knob. And the Bright knob is just a pot in place of the transitional Bright switch because it's position beside the Volume (would be a poor place for a Presence control). I wonder how much of the rest of the circuit is tweaked Fender, although to me, it's a little more middy and aggressive.

I'm debating the 68 Deluxe...

Or find a used DRRI and get a pedal.

The problem with either as a pedal platform is that the Deluxe Reverb has low preamp plate voltages, the preamp clips too soon. It only takes swapping out one or two resistors to fix, but then we are getting into modding amps.

The Wampler sounds great. Don't need it. I have this '66 Super Reverb chassis sitting around to tweak sometime in the future.

I assume the Fat switch is just a tone stack lift switch from its position right bedside the Mid knob. And the Bright knob is just a pot in place of the transitional Bright switch because it's position beside the Volume (would be a poor place for a Presence control). I wonder how much of the rest of the circuit is tweaked Fender, although to me, it's a little more middy and aggressive.

The problem with either as a pedal platform is that the Deluxe Reverb has low preamp plate voltages, the preamp clips too soon. It only takes swapping out one or two resistors to fix, but then we are getting into modding amps.
recommend me an amp in the moderate wattage range that is a good pedal platform I can get for no more than 1000.00...

ggl233ylt9dgpxftqfrx.jpg
recommend me an amp in the moderate wattage range that is a good pedal platform I can get for no more than 1000.00...

Back