Wally Cleaver gets his car back.

Corvair? Restoration? Really? I guess if you have the money and really love the car. :shrug:

My parents had a corvair when I was a kid. The got it free when they bought a house. It was in the garage of the house when they bought it and the former owner said they could just keep the corvair. My mom drove it for several years until it rusted out.

We have a couple of people around here who drive Corvairs.

One of the houses I looked at when we were house shopping had a '68 mustang in pieces in the garage. I almost bought the house just for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Corvairs are kind of cool in a quirky sort of way. Kinda like the old self leveling Citroens. But I like old weird shit like that.

My mom always said she liked the corvair, but she also has owned VW and Porsche cars from that era, so she understood swing axel handling, rear engine hang, and snap oversteer pretty well. Her only real complaint about the car was that is sucked to drive in the winter as the interior smelled like gasoline and she couldn't drive it with the windows down. My parents are frugal enough that gas fumes in the interior is not a valid reason to pass on a free vehicle.

Golly Wally!

You might remember these guys.
upload_2016-6-27_21-48-29.jpeg

cool that he got it back.
we had one in either '61 or '62 and my mom drove it. my dad used to drive it when it snowed because it would go better in the snow than his impala.
i think we only had it for maybe 2 years. then we got a proper station wagon with fake wood paneling and a luggage rack on top. rolleyes1

Back