Trying to decide what order

SVH917

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Trying to decide what order to put these in, before the amp,efx loop. Decision decisions.

1) so should the tuner, pinnacle, ep booster, and wah go before the amp?

2) does it make a difference in the order of the modulation efx, and pitch shifting efx?

3) echo and time based efx go last

4) compressors and gates go where??

a2yja5u5.jpg

Last edited:
y4yhygy3.jpg

This what I went with

guitar>wah>tuner >phaser>booster>pinnacle>amp in

Efx loop out>Chorus>stereo chorus>flanger>Istomp>octave>delay>reverb> efx loop in

do you like how it sounds? If so, thats what you should do.

For me, I put everything in front of the amp...I'm not a fan of effects loops, even on my Suhr amp.

I's probably go wah - tuner - octave - pinnacle - ep booster and then the rest pretty much how you have it.

do you like how it sounds? If so, thats what you should do.

For me, I put everything in front of the amp...I'm not a fan of effects loops, even on my Suhr amp.

I's probably go wah - tuner - octave - pinnacle - ep booster and then the rest pretty much how you have it.
Honestly I'm still messing around with it

Agree mostly with Mark and Howie. I'd go Wah, Tuner, Octaver, Phaser, Pinnacle... then experiment with the booster as the last thing on the board, or the last thing in the effects loop.

Chorus could go around where the phaser is, or in the loop depending on that individual pedal. Delay then Reverb... and I don't even know what the fuck an iStomp is, so I'd probably throw that in the closet. :helper:

the only change i would make is the octaver as early as possible in the signal chain. I think they track better first. but if it works for you, that's all that matters.
Yeah I'm still trying different things so I'll try it doesn't seem to sound like I think it should

Agree mostly with Mark and Howie. I'd go Wah, Tuner, Octaver, Phaser, Pinnacle... then experiment with the booster as the last thing on the board, or the last thing in the effects loop.

Chorus could go around where the phaser is, or in the loop depending on that individual pedal. Delay then Reverb... and I don't even know what the fuck an iStomp is, so I'd probably throw that in the closet. :helper:
It's that digitech pedal that you can upload different effects to it from your iPhone or iPod

I too do not care for effects loops. Here is what my order would be.

guitar>tuner >octave>phaser>pinnacle>booster>flanger>delay>stereo chorus>wah>reverb>amp

Note that the wah can also go after the tuner - I use both configs. I like the wah towards the end due to my experience with Mike Campbell's setup and while unusual, it has a great effect following the drive pedals as well as modulation.

istomp and chorus - closet

Since a tuner is usually true bypass it doesn't really matter.... you just want to get the cleanest signal into it so it's not after distortion or modulation... Wahs usually end up first because of their physical size, they tend to sit on the right side of the board before the rest of the pedals.

MS and I have had some discussions about boosts in the loop, so it would be interesting to test both end of board and end of loop.

Wahs usually end up first because of their physical size, they tend to sit on the right side of the board before the rest of the pedals.

That is very true!

When I built my Mike Campbell board for the Tom Petty tribute, I was shocked to see that the wah was the last in line. In fact it is not even on the board and to throw a monkey wrench in there as well, on the left side by itself. Getting used it with the TP music needed some getting used to but a drive feeding the wah makes some really cool sounds.

Wahs usually end up first because of their physical size, they tend to sit on the right side of the board before the rest of the pedals.

I always thought they went on the right because most folks use their right foot to work them. If you put them anywhere else, you would be crossing over your left foot or shifting your body to the left to operate it.

I always thought they went on the right because most folks use their right foot to work them. If you put them anywhere else, you would be crossing over your left foot or shifting your body to the left to operate it.

While true to what you mention, it usually is on the right also because of the instrument in/out ports as well as it is usually at the beginning of the signal chain just like a tuner.

I operate most of my pedals with my left foot.

I find my left foot more comfortable with the wah as well, and at one point had my wah all the way on the left... ran a patch cable from the output, up and around the board to go in the first pedal starting on the far right... but it was a pain in the ass getting the 90 degree guitar cable into the middle of the board to start it on the wah and then I'd step on the cable... so I ended up moving mine all the way to the right.

Back