Tonefactor Nebula Phaser

GDSmithTX

Corporate cog
I've run across what seems like a good deal (~$70) on a Tone Factor Nebula, a two stage phaser pedal apparently similar to the MXR Phase 45.

I have a BBE Soul Vibe (with the older Stone Pimp graphic), and a) it's noisy and b) it's kinda muffled-sounding. I'm looking for something else to replace it for when I want a Gilmour/Trower sound. This pedal seems quite clear and not very noisy at all.

tonefactor_nebula_002.jpg

Opinions? Alternatives? I don't want to spend a lot of cash on something so specific that would get used like 3-4 times a month, when I get into the right mood.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a particularly good deal. You can get the DOD 201 RI for $50 used.

Good tip on that, thank you! Checked out the John Bohlinger and Andy from PGS demos and I'm sold. Had just the right amount of "chewy" vs "transparent" ... sounds perfect for Trower's "In This Place," one of my favorite cosmic blues songs. Made an offer for one on Reverb.

This is exactly why I asked!

Last edited:
So it can sound 2 less good than the IV, that's still pretty good.
The original Nebula is the only pedal I ever sent back to Brad. Just wasn't for me. But, it's a good clone made at a time when DOD wasn't making them.

Back