Today's American Whiskey Thread

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I finished my bottle of Wild Turkey and bought a bottle of Elijah Craig. The newest offering does not have an age statement, though a cursory search tells me Heaven Hill is using 8 - 12 year old barrels. It's maybe slightly more burny than previous bottles of Elijah Craig. Despite this, it's still the best bourbon I've had for $30.

The last bottle of EC 'small batch' I had was not so good. It was one of the transitional bottles with the age on the back label.
Had an older dram of the 12yr handy at that the time and side-by-side, you'd never know they were supposed to be the same bourbon.

Awesome on ice.
image.jpeg

I finished my bottle of Wild Turkey and bought a bottle of Elijah Craig. The newest offering does not have an age statement, though a cursory search tells me Heaven Hill is using 8 - 12 year old barrels. It's maybe slightly more burny than previous bottles of Elijah Craig. Despite this, it's still the best bourbon I've had for $30.
Another interesting one to look out for is the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. It is 12 years old but on a limited release schedule only a few times a year.

There have been lots of rumors around the internetz that Heaven Hill is going to re-release the Elijah Craig 12yr at a higher price. To further that speculation, they just got a new label approved for the Elijah Craig Small Batch, which will further differentiate it from the old look.

The Elijah Craig plot thickens even further. They just got approval for a new label - Elijah Craig Barrel Select 125 proof. Gonna be interesting...

I've been hooked on Larceny ever since Kerouac mentioned it some time ago.
That and Wild Turkey American Honey.

I don't really drink much anymore, but since Matt and I are on our way to Nashville and it's his birthday I picked us up a bottle Bulleit Rye.

Back