This is a new experience for me.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
As I prepare for my concert Thursday night, I had to decide which two guitars to play. I need one for standard tuning, and one for open D. The entire new CD was done on 6-string, and I am not doing any songs that "have" to have 12-string, so the 12-string stays behind. The Muse Burst doesn't have a pickup, so that is out. That leaves the Blue Eclipse, the Trinity 6-string, and the sunburst Southwestern guitar. I used the Southwestern for the CD, so I guess I'll use that as the "main" guitar, and have put new strings on the Trinity and will most likely use that for the open D tuning.

I think this is the first time I have ever owned so many acoustics at once. :eek:Thanks Yvonne for feeding my GAS. :grin:

I am beginning to understand folks like Jackson Browne and Graham Nash. Nash must have played 5-6 different guitars the night I saw him, and never the same guitar for two songs in a row. At this point I could really use three guitars for a performance. Too bad I don't have people to carry them, tune them, and hand them to me every time I want a different guitar. :grin:

I suppose there are worse problems to have. I go through phases where I'll bring 2 or 3 and others where I only bring 1.

Take them all, and ring them around you onstage. You have guitars, you play guitars. Would John Bonham only take a snare? HELL NO.

Next album The Blanchard Touch. To bad there aren't some photoshop wizards around here. I would like to see what they would come up with for album covers.

Back