Thinking of buying a new Acoustic.....

parrotheada1a

Resident Pitmaster
I was thinking on a Taylor 310ce, or mebbe another Takamine, something like a P3NC. Thing is, I've played the Taylor and it's great. It's also around 1700 bucks at the music store. Mebbe a couple hundred less at GC, but we all know how they sell stuff. The Takamine is a total unknown. Except it's around 1300 on Reverb, and I like the sound of the Tak that I have now. Doesn't look promising to try out a Tak, there are no stores that carry them nearby, even GC. I've never dealt with Reverb before.... so there's another issue there.

Spend the extra $400 and get the Taylor. I have both a Tak and a Taylor. The Tak can't hold a candle to the Taylor. The Tak is a low end model and the Taylor is a 5xx series but still....it's a world of difference.

Tough one. The more upper end Takamines are nice guitars, but generally will not sound as good plugged in as a Taylor.

What I would do is to set your price range, then wander about to every music store within a reasonable distance and play every acoustic in your price range regardless of brand name. Note the ones that really speak to you. Then return and play those a second time. Make your mind up after that. Take your time and give everything a chance. Especially with acoustics I tend to always want to play them first. Even within the same make/model there can be significant differences in how the sound/feel.

Back