Things I hate seeing on stage.

Mung should do a cover of Devo's "Mongoloid", but using Mungoloid.
A song worthy of a hardcore punk version if there ever was one. Dude00

I think Mung should make a song using the music to David Bowie's "Fame"'

MUNG, make a man think things over
MUNG, turn it loose, hard to swallow
MUNG, puts it there, where things are hollow
MUNG
MUNG, it's not your brain, it's just the flame
that burns your soul to keep you insane
MUNG
MUNG, what you like is in the cooler
MUNG, what you get is shrivelin' like an old flower

I've barely changed any words here.... you could easily get sick, twisted and dark. :grin:

Little late to the party... but I disagree w/the gist of the OP.

Probably because I need my darn tablet to remember lyrics. I have memorized a good amount of lyrics, but the 'ol brain is filled with too much info to remember it all. I do the best I can, but it is what it is.

I played in this Metal band a few years ago,and the singer is an incredible asshole. I knocked his music stand over so many times he finally moved to to his left. I would always act VERY innocentwhen i kicked it over
atmospherenov-14024.jpg

How 'bout this one.

Last night I went to "The 2nd Annual Merry Minstrel Circus and Music Jam" and Lucinda Williams used a music stand.

Lucinda for MWGL - S.jpg
Lucinda Williams - S.jpg

+1 on the music stand/lyric sheet.
My old lead singer would always have a sheet in his hand and would be looking down at it the entire gig. The kicker too was that he wrote all the damn lyrics :facepalm:

I hate when people don't get into their own music or have any stage presence whatsoever.

I remember being in a back up band for this country singer bitch...err I mean chick years ago. We were told to sit back and just play the tunes. I couldn't help it though, it is so ingrained in me to move around a bit. I even had someone mention to me after the show that I had some very Keef-esque moves :grin:

Yeah, if you can't show some feeling in the songs you're playing, you shouldn't be playing them. I may be a bit biased on this point, however.

Just out of curiosity, what is the opinion of people who aren't musicians of this sort of thing?

It frosts me off, too, but I wonder if this is something only other musicians get pissed off at?

I feel you on that one.

Most of my gigs now are DJing and it's even worse in that group of psychos.

Go to any DJ Facebook group and you'll have someone posting a photo followed by 40 folk screaming:

"I can see cables man, tidy that shit up"

"Hmmm your lighting rig is assymetrical"

"SCRIMS??????? WTF ARE YOU USING SCRIMS FOR????"

"NO SCRIMS???? WTF AREN'T YOU USING SCRIMS FOR????"

"That Revo 3 is whack now, you need the Revo 4"

"1 sub at the side? that looks rubbish"

"Where's your controller?"

"Why aren't you using a Macbook?"

"You're using a Macbook? Well look at Johnny Big Balls"

And so on. It's all pretty ridiculous considering most gigs are booking on the basis of your rep, your people skills dealing with an enquiry or the cost.

I feel you on that one.

Most of my gigs now are DJing and it's even worse in that group of psychos.

Go to any DJ Facebook group and you'll have someone posting a photo followed by 40 folk screaming:

"I can see cables man, tidy that shit up"

"Hmmm your lighting rig is assymetrical"

"SCRIMS??????? WTF ARE YOU USING SCRIMS FOR????"

"NO SCRIMS???? WTF AREN'T YOU USING SCRIMS FOR????"

"That Revo 3 is whack now, you need the Revo 4"

"1 sub at the side? that looks rubbish"

"Where's your controller?"

"Why aren't you using a Macbook?"

"You're using a Macbook? Well look at Johnny Big Balls"

And so on. It's all pretty ridiculous considering most gigs are booking on the basis of your rep, your people skills dealing with an enquiry or the cost.
Lol. I don't think people care about that stuff with a dj as long as it looks neat, sounds good and you have skills. With musicians reading lyrics if they don't look up from their stand or iPad they lose their connection with the audience.

Lol. I don't think people care about that stuff with a dj as long as it looks neat, sounds good and you have skills. With musicians reading lyrics if they don't look up from their stand or iPad they lose their connection with the audience.
So, is the issue the music stand/iPad, or the lack of connection? I think you could have both a cheat sheet and audience connection, myself.

So, is the issue the music stand/iPad, or the lack of connection? I think you could have both a cheat sheet and audience connection, myself.

Issue is the lack of connection. I really don't much care if you need a cheat sheet, as long as you can maintain a connection. Agreed that it can happen. Often though, it doesn't.

Back