The self heating mug

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
It was just a Larry David joke, but self heating mugs exist. I’ve just bought my second mug from Ember, a 14oz that’s an upgrade from the 10oz mug I bought last year. These things are great. I can pour myself a warm hot drink and it stays that way for up to 80 minutes. The temperature is even adjustable via Bluetooth and an app. It keeps my expensive teas from getting cold and losing their subtle flavors. If you’re having a hard time finding someone a birthday/xmas gift these things are great.

ember_cutaway_cm_1200x.png

I don't have that, but my wife did get me a mug warmer that looks like a thick coaster that I keep on my desk.

I got a stainless steel mug from Walmart for $10. Literally keeps coffee hot for hours and warm the rest of the day. I drink two containers a day usually so, why exactly would I need a $149 cup?

I got a stainless steel mug from Walmart for $10. Literally keeps coffee hot for hours and warm the rest of the day. I drink two containers a day usually so, why exactly would I need a $149 cup?
I have a Stanley commuter mug which is like 10 years old and I take to work everyday and even in the winter when it's in the low 30's in the morning it will still keep my drink hot until 11 or so. At home i always use a Hydro Flask 160z because otherwise i will drink a cup of coffee in like 10 minutes.

Back