The RAX thread

GusChiggins

Worried about coyotes
Let's hear it for some 1980s defunct Fast Food

rax.jpg

Surprised to learn that one of these still exists. My dad still waxes nostalgic about working at The Country School.

B634988C-A770-4A33-A12B-E7319EBDF602.jpeg

Rax was dope. It and Roy Rogers were the offbeat fast food chains of my childhood.

Roy's is awesome. We still have them here and they have been opening new ones. My neighbor and I usually head out to one once a week.

One of my super old friends, used to rave about Rax milkshakes. I think they were big in Florida, where he grew up. In the early 90s we went to visit my brother in college, up in PA and we saw one. I remember it being pretty good.

apparently, there are still 8 RAX locations still open. 6 in southern ohio, and one each in kentucky and illinois.

apparently, there are still 8 RAX locations still open. 6 in southern ohio, and one each in kentucky and illinois.

Yup , including one in Joliet near my old stomping grounds; one in Circleville, Oh about a half hour south of Columbus.

We'd go there on the weekend when we were out cruising and get a large coke filled half way. then we'd go out to the car and fill it the rest of the way with whatever booze we managed to score that week.

I ate at Rax a few times. They used to be all over middle Indiana, stopped a few times when I was in the military, heading home or heading back to SC. Basically Arby's 2.0

Let's hear it for some 1980s defunct Fast Food

rax.jpg

As a matter of fact, this one IS the Joliet, IL location that is still in business (the Super China Buffet behind it has been there for a long time...). The last time I grabbed something there about 5 years ago, the end result was not terribly pleasant :ack:.

There used to be a Rax right next door to the KKreme I worked at on the beach. Both are gone, along with just about everything else that was along the beachfront.

Back