The "Random Sighting" Thread!

Fire-ant-mound-Giant.jpg

8090842751_490db11e27.jpg

The identities of the ants have been kept secret to protect the innocent.

I used to kick ant beds all the time, when I lived in SC.

I never stood next to 'em afterwards though :embarrassed: Never got bit, either. Except for one time when my neighbor knocked on my door, and I walked outside in my bare feet to talk to him, and there happened to be a couple of fire ants walking about on the sidewalk. One bit me :(

So who's the rocket scientist that crammed their arm down an ant hill?

I have no idea, some dimwit photographer was caught up in the photo moment and must have not looked before he layed down.

Saw this while out and about a little while ago. Had to have Mrs OGG grab a quick pic.

a9uve3u8.jpg

Since it's election day how about a big ol' "Muricuh! Fuck yeah!" From the Yankee forumites.

Saw this while out and about a little while ago. Had to have Mrs OGG grab a quick pic.

a9uve3u8.jpg

Since it's election day how about a big ol' "Muricuh! Fuck yeah!" From the Yankee forumites.

Hmmm, it's hard to tell on the phone but I'm guessing repli-cobra?

Actually, if I was planning on driving one more than once...

I'd rather have a replica.

Yep, the real ones are so expensive, you should leave it in the vault and drive the replica for fun.

True, I like that car a lot, but I have no desire to own one.

It's amazing to think that they couldn't give those or GT40's away when they were new.

Yep, the real ones are so expensive, you should leave it in the vault and drive the replica for fun.

I was speaking strictly in terms of real world driveability. I drove a friend of mines original 427 and it was white knuckle terrifying. The brakes took herculean strength to get anything out of, and even when they worked, they didn't work well at all.

Plus, it was shockingly tail happy and would spin like a top with no warning.

The few replicas I have driven were just as fast, but had modern brakes, suspension, and crash protection. They are in a totally different league, and can be had by mere mortals.

It would be neat to own an original from a collectors point of view, but I want a car I can drive and enjoy without worrying about it like Cameron did his fathers Ferrari, or being scared shitless that the car was going to kill me.

While all replicas are not created equal, and there are some turds out there, the good ones are the bizniss!

Last edited:
I think it is pretty generally accepted that the 289 Cobra was actually a much better car.

Saw this yesterday. Different. Looks like a fun ride.
385976A9-D844-46D6-B748-E567A957D294-2302-0000027E36941E64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something else. Tricycle 2 tires in front. With aerodynamic shell.

4EAB2080-C241-482C-92E4-FC4D7935E020-3293-0000037F1D7705C2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back