The new Catalinbread Adineko

Tig

Fucktangular
"Oil can" delay.
This video features the new Catalinbread Adineko. A brief history of this mysterious effect and how we, at Catalinbread have reimagined it for contemporary use.

That's cool. It's what I was after when I first started with delay, and the sound I really wanted out of a Deluxe Memory Man. I can do that with my Echorec and TC HOF now, so I'll pass on this one. But it's just another example of how Nic & Howard have a great ear for time based effects. I'm not such a fan of their other pedals, but they do delay and reverb really well.

I don't think anyone (maybe Styrmon) is on par with them for time based effects.
I really like the OBNE pedals for this stuff, even if the guys that make them act like complete douchenozzles in their vids.

For example:

I mean, I'm not a violent person, but in this vid, I'd like to do physical harm to at least the asshole with the guitar.

We're hipsters that drink this beer that you don't know about out of a can. We wear open button-downs by the pool, and a certain percentage of us have beards. We look like we don't bathe, but we SO do, and with stuff that you haven't heard of. And we, like, don't care man.

hipster-barista-memes-how-did-the-hipster-burn-his-tongue-on-coffee-.png

I really like the OBNE pedals for this stuff, even if the guys that make them act like complete douchenozzles in their vids.

For example:

I mean, I'm not a violent person, but in this vid, I'd like to do physical harm to at least the asshole with the guitar.

We're hipsters that drink this beer that you don't know about out of a can. We wear open button-downs by the pool, and a certain percentage of us have beards. We look like we don't bathe, but we SO do, and with stuff that you haven't heard of. And we, like, don't care man.

Those are cool, but the kind of remind me of the Afterneath. Great pedals, they sound really cool, but I am not smart enough to use them.

Those are cool, but the kind of remind me of the Afterneath. Great pedals, they sound really cool, but I am not smart enough to use them.
I have the Procession, and it's MUCH more usable than the Afterneath. I have a good feeling about the Black Fountain as well. One thing I like about that pedal (BF) is that it does NOT cycle endlessly into madness. Hell, even my Carbon Copy is unusable once the mix passes 2:embarrassed:0 or so. It seems like controlled madness, which I'm excited about. If I don't love it, then I'll give Catalinbread another go. I tried the Echorec, and it wasn't my thing. I tried the Montavilian, and it was just too passive.

I have the Procession, and it's MUCH more usable than the Afterneath. I have a good feeling about the Black Fountain as well. One thing I like about that pedal (BF) is that it does NOT cycle endlessly into madness. Hell, even my Carbon Copy is unusable once the mix passes 2:embarrassed:0 or so. It seems like controlled madness, which I'm excited about. If I don't love it, then I'll give Catalinbread another go. I tried the Echorec, and it wasn't my thing. I tried the Montavilian, and it was just too passive.

It's kind of funny. We have very similar taste in music but we are very different with gear. The Echorec is by far my favorite pedal and probably my favorite pedal of all time. I can mess with that thing for hours and even come up with songs that I couldn't play without it. I didn't really dig the montavilian either.

Adineko. Until I just heard Howard say it in the video, I didn't get the name.

Derp!

Back