Dig it! The Narshall rides again!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I put all of the replacement hardware back on the cab that I had bough back in 2001 and never used. Its now a fully functioning (if totally ghetto) half stack with a 5 watt Blackheart powering it. This might be my "teaching" rig for classes. I'll try and make a little video later tonight :embarrassed:

12118639_10153747740592425_7971333791722294927_n.jpg

Yeah. Its wired for 16 like it originally came. The only amp I have that doesn't have either an impedence selector ar a 16 ohm output is the Silvertone.
Hmmm, and the cab is 16ohm as well, right?

I've definitely seen heads that don't sound as good in certain cabs before, but usually you can use the eq to dial up something usable. The crate v33 head I had years back comes to mind.

Hmmm, and the cab is 16ohm as well, right?

I've definitely seen heads that don't sound as good in certain cabs before, but usually you can use the eq to dial up something usable. The crate v33 head I had years back comes to mind.
I think its more a case of the Blackheart not sounding good through any cabinet :embarrassed:

No. In my case I need something with a clean sound. Once I sell off all of these smaller amps maybe I'll look into something used that I can park on top of the cab and run pedals into.

Peavey Bandit then, or something else cheap and solid state.
Don't you have a Frontman 25 or similar?

My MT gets cleaner than its reputation.

Back