The Leftovers

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I recently wrapped up HBO’s 2014 series The Leftovers. If you haven’t watched it, do so. It’s incredible television. Brilliantly written, filmed, acted, etc. It’s pretty bleak and kind of depressing, even moreso than True Detective’s first season. But it is damned good.

Reactions: Tig
It was pretty entertaining and refreshingly different.
I'm looking forward to season 2.

Agreed about the last two episodes. And the acting this season has been top-notch in general. It’s going to be interesting when Carrie Coons, Regina King, and Anne Dowd are all competing for the Emmy.

Sadly the ratings are awful, so I doubt the show will get another season.

Agreed about the last two episodes. And the acting this season has been top-notch in general. It’s going to be interesting when Carrie Coons, Regina King, and Anne Dowd are all competing for the Emmy.

Sadly the ratings are awful, so I doubt the show will get another season.

That sucks. Maybe since it is on HBO, they will give it another season to give people a chance to get into it.

The Leftovers, Homeland, Doctor Who and The Walking Dead are my primary downloads right now, plus I'm catching up on Rectify. For live viewing it has been The Blacklist and Gotham.

The Leftovers, Homeland, Doctor Who and The Walking Dead are my primary downloads right now, plus I'm catching up on Rectify. For live viewing it has been The Blacklist and Gotham.
I'm a TV addict. I've been enjoying The Last Kingdom quite a bit (if you like Vikings, you'll like this), and I expect to make some progress on The Man in the High Castle over the holiday.

Reactions: Tig
I forgot to mention The Bastard Executioner and The Man in the High Castle (half way through the 3rd episode and it is excellent).

I forgot to mention The Bastard Executioner and The Man in the High Castle (half way through the 3rd episode and it is excellent).

How is the Bastard Executioner? I was thinking about giving it a try.

How is the Bastard Executioner? I was thinking about giving it a try.

It isn't as entertaining as some of the other prime shows in this thread, but it is worth checking out. The story is building well. Some of the acting isn't up to par, however.

Back