The BOSS MS-3 Multi Switch

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
ms-3_F_gal.jpg

ms-3_R_gal.jpg

https://www.boss.info/us/products/ms-3/

• Unlimited sound creation with six simultaneous pedal effects and audio loops for connecting three external pedals
  • 112 built-in effects types for guitar and bass, including delays, reverbs, mod/pitch effects, overdrives, distortions, and more
  • Intuitive user interface for easy patch creation
  • Backlit LCD, editing knobs, and panel LEDs for on/off status of loops and effects
  • Control assign, wave pedal, and other functions for deep real-time expression
  • Equipped with numerous jacks for amp channel switching, effects control, and more
  • MIDI output for working with MIDI-enabled effects
  • Built-in tuner, noise suppressor, and global EQ
  • USB for patch creation and backup via free MS-3 Editor/Librarian software
$399

:hmm:

That thing would take me so long to figure out, I would probably be too old to play guitar by the time I got it working.

That thing would take me so long to figure out, I would probably be too old to play guitar by the time I got it working.

I'm considering it. It's basically a BOSS GT-1 in solid housing with both pedalboard and bank modes, and it has 3 separate loops for adding weird shit. Most sounds will come from the unit itself. And it's significantly cheaper and smaller than a Line 6 Helix.

I'm considering it. It's basically a BOSS GT-1 in solid housing with both pedalboard and bank modes, and it has 3 separate loops for adding weird shit. Most sounds will come from the unit itself. And it's significantly cheaper and smaller than a Line 6 Helix.

You get one, bring it to Heel's and see if it can make my head explode trying to operate it :grin:

You get one, bring it to Heel's and see if it can make my head explode trying to operate it :grin:

There are three things holding me back. First, you have to use it with a computer, and not a tablet. Second, it's not available yet. Third, I'm not playing guitar in a band right now and don't need it for bass. So we'll see what happens.

Courtesy of TGP, an effects list sorted by loop designation:

FX1/FX2
COMPRESSOR
LIMITER
T. WAH & BASS T. WAH
AUTO WAH
WAH & BASS WAH
OD/DS & BASS OD/DS
GRAPHIC EQ
PARAMETRIC EQ
AC. GUITAR SIMULATOR
DEFRETTER
SITAR SIM
SLOW GEAR & BASS SLOW GEAR
OCTAVE & BASS OCTAVE
PITCH SHIFTER & BASS PITCH SHIFTER
HARMONIST & BASS HARMONIST
OVERTONE
PEDAL BEND &BASS PEDAL BEND
SOUND HOLD
S-BEND & BASS S-BEND
WARP
FEEDBACKER
SUB DELAY
MOD1/MOD2
CHORUS
2X2 CHORUS
PHASER
FLANGER & BASS FLANGER
TREMOLO
PAN
ROTARY
UNI-V
SLICER
VIBRATO
RING MOD
DLY (DELAY)
SINGLE
PAN
STEREO
DUAL-S (DUAL-SERIES)
DUAL-P (DUAL-PARALLE)
DUAL-L/R
REVERSE
ANALOG
TAPE (TAPE ECHO)
MODULATE
TERA ECHO
REV (REVERB)
AMBIENCE
ROOM
HALL1
HALL2
PLATE
SPRING
MODULATE
DELAY
L1 (LOOP 1)/L2 (LOOP 2)/L3 (LOOP 3)
NS (NOISE SUPPRESSOR)

Didn't read the email properly I had about that, and assumed it was just a programmable 3 loop switcher with midi. Having a full blown effect chain in there makes that a very interesting bit of kit.

Hmmm.

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology

Ok, just found something I don't like.

You can move the digital effects around into any order you like. But the loops stay together as a block. So no matter what, you will always have pre loops fx -> 123 loops -> post loops fx. You cannot do something like effect -> loop -> effect -> loop -> effect. That changes things.

Ok, just found something I don't like.

You can move the digital effects around into any order you like. But the loops stay together as a block. So no matter what, you will always have pre loops fx -> 123 loops -> post loops fx. You cannot do something like effect -> loop -> effect -> loop -> effect. That changes things.
Yeah. I don't change the order of my effects around that much with the ES-8 but every once in a while it's kind of important.

Yeah. I don't change the order of my effects around that much with the ES-8 but every once in a while it's kind of important.

One of the things I wanted to do was use this with some of my weirder effects, like the Catalinbread Antichthon and EHX Freeze. I always have a delay between them. I couldn't do that here unless the Antichthon was in my chain first. It's not a dealbreaker, it just requires more thought.

Back