The biggest POS guitar I ever had the unfortunate privelege of owning. FU *****!

This leads me to believe that people who say "my ***** is a good as a Gibson" are only looking at the shape and the shiny poly finish on the outside. Not a comprehensive comparison of construction, hardware, feel, playability or tone.

This leads me to believe that people who say "my ***** is a good as a Gibson" are only looking at the shape and the shiny poly finish on the outside. Not a comprehensive comparison of construction, hardware, feel, playability or tone.

if they did a comprehensive comparison of construction, then they'd be baffled by the rocker joint too.

I bought an Ag1le Les Paul back in like 2006 just to see what all the hype was about. (one of the $350-ish ones with the maple cap & abalone inlays)

The pickups sounded like poo, but other than that it was a decent-ish guitar, on par playability-wise with most of the Epiphone Les Pauls that I've picked of the wall at GC and plinked on. I put a set of Seymour Duncans in it, 59/JB combo, and it sounded really good then.

Overall though, it wasn't as good of a player as either one of my Carvins or my Steinberger, so I ended up giving it to a friend of mine who I jam with and write songs with on occasion as he only had a bunch of crappy pawn shop Les Paul copies, like Memphis, etc.

The guitar + replacement pickups made it the same price as an Epiphone, really. You'd be better off going down to the local mom n' pop store and trying out the Epiphones 'til you find a decent one, plus the resale value would be better, if it came to that.

For what it's worth, I bought an ***** 9-string last year and it's an excellent guitar. No cosmetic flaws, great action, intonation, and stability.

Personally I think it sort of comes with the territory when dealing with such cheap instruments. To counter that, Kurt is willing to send you replacements, or a refund, no questions asked, until you're happy with what you've got. I kind of feel like you're overreacting a bit here (it's not like you were told to get bent by the store or something), and also that a lot of people who are posting in this thread who are jumping on the bandwagon because you're a member of the community here, and not necessarily due to any objectiveness of the situation. This is a pretty common phenomenon on message boards, and why we end up with weird cross-forum rivalries and such.

Kurt is willing to send out a replacement until you drill holes in the headstock for string-trees or replace the nut.

Then, not-so-much.

Call it therapy for my soul.

What? What's wrong with that? I don't see anything that bad. :lol: (I started to post this without a smiley but youz guyz already think I'm an idiot. :lol:)

If it's good enough for EVH, it's good enough for me. :embarrassed:

evh-frankenstein-00_pickup-bridge.jpg

Back