Synergy Amps...

Kerouac

weird musical dildo

Really similar to the 500-series options of the recording world. That Friedman module sounds fucking fantastic. Looks to run right about $1k for the most basic "desktop" chassis and the module of your choice. Would be a killer recording tool, especially for the more rare pieces like the Diezel and Soldano.

Wonder if you can find any of the old Randall heads for cheap. Grab one of those and snag the Morgan and Friedman modules.

Wonder if you can find any of the old Randall heads for cheap. Grab one of those and snag the Morgan and Friedman modules.

I doubt they're a compatible pin/socket set. One of he cool things about this is the bias matching, so it will feel more like the particular amp you're playing through.

For about $1500 you can get four channels of official Morgan, Diezel, Friedman, or Soldano amps for recording or pairing with a PA/power amp + combo. That's a pretty awesome deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they're a compatible pin/socket set. One of he cool things about this is the bias matching, so it will feel more like the particular amp you're playing through.

For about $1500 you can get four channels of official Morgan, Diezel, Friedman, or Soldano amps for recording or pairing with a PA/power amp + combo. That's a pretty awesome deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said in the video (about 40 seconds in) those modules will work in the Randall or Egnater amps and the modules from the Randall and Egnater amps will work in these new amps.

I can see rich gear collectors buying into this just because it’s a cool gadget. But I think it will have a hard time competing with Axe-FX and Kemper among middle-class players who just want a lot of options. It was smart of them to make a desktop unit that can compete with Fryette’s unit.

I can see rich gear collectors buying into this just because it’s a cool gadget. But I think it will have a hard time competing with Axe-FX and Kemper among middle-class players who just want a lot of options. It was smart of them to make a desktop unit that can compete with Fryette’s unit.

Or for idiots who want different sounds and are too stupid to work an Axe-FX or Kemper, like me :grin:

Just a new version of the Egnator/Randall.

Synergy's manufacturer, Boutique Amp Distribution, is the Egnator distributor and also own, make, and/or distribute most of the amps represented in Synergy models. BAD makes 65 Amps, Friedman, Morgan, Tone King, and Wampler, Diezel and Bogner pedals. I think they also have a connection with Metropoulos through Metro-Friedman. Look and see how many of those now are offering Synergy modules.

It may be a great product, but I wouldn't expect the power supply and power amp designs to mimic/model the "donor" amps.

Last edited:
If I can get great toanz out of a Kemper, you’d work wonders with it.
8A33A7E4-54BE-4687-8E9B-9FFE6F8112E4.jpeg

:grin:

Back