Stupid auto updates in programs.

Drives me crazy. Tried to fire up windoze in my parallels environment because I have to file something quick and use the windows based program to do it, and now 1/2 hour later I am still waiting for some updates to process after the system locked up and had to be threefingersalute restarted upon start up. Did not give me an option to update tonight. GRRR!!

And not just windows programs. Word/Office for Mac does the same sort of crap. and the mac version of SONOS controller is heinous in this regard. Give me the choice of updating or not, and tell me what the update is for please! And certainly when to update. I might be in the middle of something!

i stopped doing windows updates.....they're a virus unto themselves......and it seems like every time i would do an update the goddamn thing would change settings and appearances "for me".
screw bill gates :mad:

It wouldn't be bad if they weren't so frequent. Fuck Java, flash and silverfish in their ducking faces. :mad:

It wouldn't be bad if they weren't so frequent. Fuck Java, flash and silverfish in their ducking faces. :mad:

I installed and almost immediately uninstalled flash on the laptop I've had for a couple months because I got constant low memory crashes in firefox. I guess I can no longer use the online photo editor I've always used. Not worth it. I only use silverlight to watch netflix but of course it's started crashing half the time I open a new tab while watching something. I read several articles that said they've changed to html5 but that's not so, at least not yet.

Back