Dig it! Strymon Cloudburst

i always say youtube demos are worth a grain of salt but i am not a huge fan of how that sounds. i like the lower mix sounds a lot more, when its turned up it sounds really processed and kinda one dimensional. it doesn't sound like there are lots of different sounds or much that is super interesting/complex.

i bet they sell a ton though and its the new sound people hear when they pass the offering plates around.

I have a delay similar to that in my Kemper.... Crystals I think it's called. It's pretty cool if you're picking slowly or letting chords ring because of the modulation in the decay.

I have a delay similar to that in my Kemper.... Crystals I think it's called. It's pretty cool if you're picking slowly or letting chords ring because of the modulation in the decay.

that’s a fun one. You can get some crazy stereo action going with it too

that’s a fun one. You can get some crazy stereo action going with it too

I've been running everything Mono, but for my Live Looping rig... I think I'm going to experiment with Stereo. Might be able to create some interesting sounds for the audience.

upload_2023-2-3_16-8-4.png

The sample of the Infinite pedal I watched was doing what was being played in the beginning.
I want a better sustain only pedal, the reverb and other effects I have what I want.
9F9C5514-4CBD-44D6-B446-AC5150D2619B.png

I watched that. It def does a thing. But it didn’t really connect with me.
I’m glad because I already have a old Richtone with room, hall and spring,
an OBNE Procession with a big room, blend, plus 3 different modulations,
an EQD Afterneath that does a buncha squirrelly stuff,
and a SA Collider that does pretty much everything.

ok, now that i'm off work and home and can really listen to the whole thing......that mofo is awesome.
for those who aren't in your 50's/60's, you prolly wouldn't know the kind of racks of equipment and programming it took to make those sounds (and not as good) back in the 80's and early 90's.

i think i may gotta have one of these. if for no other reason than to entertain myself in the living room. :Wave:

oh.....shit.....damit....now i have to think about recording gear.....errrr.
anyone have a good TEAC Tascam MSR-16 you'd let go for cheap?? :facepalm:

Back