GPOTD Stardate 47634.44 - Bargain masonite fancier edition

bsman

b00b
Danelectro Convertable Electric Guitar 1964
liparaowhmbxswh721r3.jpg

cloyfyt6wtnykoseqdtv.jpg
unkdmr5oxix3adqevfmg.jpg
yh7bf3g0fqqplioqqt2l.jpg

Mid '60s Dano Convertible in very good condition, sounds and plays great. From what I can tell it is all original including skate key tuners, electronics, tailpiece, bridge and knobs. Coke bottle headstock with original Danelectro decal. The top has a small amount of sinking in, under the bridge, common with the early Convertibles, but it is solid and string action is perfect This Dano will be shipped in a padded gig bag.

This is the model that song writer J.J. Cale played for years on songs like "After Midnight" "Call me the Breeze" and "Cocaine"
Product Specs
Condition:
Very Good
Make: Danelectro
Model: Convertible J.J. Cale Model
Finish: Natural
Categories: Built-in Electronics
Year: 1964
Made In: United States

I would really love to try one of those out. Probably the reissue:
Danelctro convertable.png

Dammit, now I am having some major GAS. :hippie:

Last edited:
Fellow working tried to trade one to me for something because I miss my DC3. I did not accept. Really don't care for a Dano in a hollowbody.

I tend to have a mixed fascination/revulsion regarding danelectros. They look so cool and feel so cheep...

Not bad though I wish the pickup was in the middle of the body like the some of the U1's. It sounds better to me in that position, than the neck position.

280184825049-1.jpg

I've never been a fan of the Danelectro aesthetic. This one is no different. Especially being hollow and the single lipstick pickup.

Back