Soooo yeah... I got a Strat(real thread)

I'll save you the trouble... How long will it last? :)

• Less than a week

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • 1 to 2 weeks

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • 3 to 4 weeks

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • More than a month

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Already sold!!!!

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I got a promotion at work to supervisor(imagine that!!!) so I decided to treat myself to a Ne guitar. I was jonesin for something different so I bought a Fender Deluxe Players Strat... Mexican made but plays really nice. It feels a bit cheaper than my Suhr(obviously) but it does the "strat" thing nicely. Now if I could do the "strat" thing, I would be set!!!

Noiseless pickups too!!! Same ones on Claptons model in the 90's. I think...

6690C6F0-8CD7-4E87-A12B-B033057A5AC8.jpg

I like it... but I'm waiting for screams of "tort fail", "gold...aggghh" etc in 3...2....

Hahaha. Yeah. The tort is a bit much but I don't know how much effort it would take to change it. There's a boost switch that goes through the pickguard. If I got another pickguard, I would have to drill the new hole, carefully remove and detach the glued electronics and switch and then reattach to the new pickguard.

Hahaha. Yeah. The tort is a bit much but I don't know how much effort it would take to change it. There's a boost switch that goes through the pickguard. If I got another pickguard, I would have to drill the new hole, carefully remove and detach the glued electronics and switch and then reattach to the new pickguard.

It's not that hard. You take a replacement guard, remove everything from the original but leave it all attached and wired to the guitar. Stack the two pickguards and mark where the hole goes. Zip with a drill and you're ready to reassemble.

Those are really nice. I used to have one myself, and then gave it to my Dad when he started back with lessons. So, now I guess I have it again, but it's at Mom's and I play it when I'm there.

Congrats on the promotion and new guitar. I like the look of gold and tort on a sunburst strat. I'm going with 3-4 weeks on the poll. :)

Congrats on the promotion and new guitar. I love the color scheme 100%. I hope you keep it. Or give it to Mark for a future raffle where I can win it. :grin:

Yes, congrats on the promotion! That's a beautiful guitar. I have eyed that one longingly, but have never pulled the trigger. If one ever came up on the used market in my area, I would really like to have one. I'm thinking that just the beauty of it will keep it in your house for more than a month. After that, all bets are off.

Back