Sometimes you just have to plug in and play

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I just rediscovered my amp today. I have an EVH 5150 III 50 watt. It's been my main amplifier for the last few years but I always have a ton of effects plugged in. I use delay, modulation, chorus, and a bunch of different boosts in front.

Today, I decided to unplug all of the effects and just run directly into the amp. Holy cow! What a fire breather. This is by far, my favorite amp that I've ever owned. I don't a lot of different amps but this one just takes the cake.

Anyone else still enjoy their 5150 III?

I've never played one. At Barn Storm last weekend, I opened my amp up for the first time and it was killer. I usually have it way down at home, but the thing sounded great when I had it up at 12 o'clock.

I have the 5150 III mini head, took it to Pragestock a few years ago. I think quite a few people played thru it that weekend. Baimun had his pedal rig plugged into it, I think.

It's not a bad amp at all, I like it. It's just harder for me to dial in a good bluesy/light rock tone to go along with a good clean tone, as channels 1 & 2 share the same controls, and channel 2 is way louder than channel 1.

It has plenty of gain for modern/downtuned metal :cool:

Back