Some Crustaceans Are Going to Die.

Oh, and for those who would like to argue about crustacean pain sensation, I argue it isn't any worse than the cow getting the bolt gun. Predation is hard core, even for modern humans. I am comforted by the fact that that if lobsters could eat humans, they would.

I made sure their heads went in the boiling water first, so they could see their doom and thus make the meat even more delicious - because fear is extra tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and for those who would like to argue about crustacean pain sensation, I argue it isn't any worse than the cow getting the bolt gun. Predation is hard core, even for modern humans. I am comforted by the fact that that if lobsters could eat humans, they would.

Yeah, that's the thing, you see lions or wolves make a kill and you realize how humane humans can be. When I was a hunting man I was lucky enough to pull off one-shot-one-kill every time.

Yeah, none of our fellow predators really give a fuck if their food is peacefully dead before they start eating it.

And lunch the next day:

1015365_10200444145800911_735499673_o.jpg

Where I came from, that would be crab cooking. Hopefully king crab. Yum!

Lobster looks good too. I am looking forward to having some good steamed clams at favorite local restaurant tonight.

I usually do blue crabs in there, but I had a hankering for lobster. And they were on sale. $7 per pound. Not bad for Philly prices.

Prages and I will be dining on fresh seafood in just a couple of days, and I cannot wait!

Prages and I will be dining on fresh seafood in just a couple of days, and I cannot wait!

Yeah, that whole West Virginia thing sort of cuts you off from good seafood, doesn't it?

When I lived in Wisconsin, I adapted. Walleye instead of Weakfish.

Close, but JUST a bit larger.

Not trying to brag or one up you but what are those.... 2 lb or so? I can't bother with small ones like that anymore. Too much shell & waste. This bug was 6 lbs, and totally delicious. Steaming them in aromatic water, plus the correct timing makes them very tender too. Overcooked lobster is very tough. FYI, the white stuff is actually the coagulated lobster's blood. It's a lot like egg whites flavorwise.

In the bottom of a 60 qt pot getting ready for a steam bath.

Apres bath:

Claws swimming in Julia Child's beurre sauce:

Last edited:
You guys suck - I'm trying to be GOOD here again :cry: - and even if I wasn't, I can't have shellfish around the house 'cause Mrs. CBH is literally deathly allergic :cry:

Bastards! :cry:

Meh.

Try as I might I can't get into seafood.
I spent too many meals where lobster, fresh from the trap, and clams, quahogs, and mussels were what you ate when you were broke.

Grandfather and Uncle were clammers.

Respect those who can enjoy it, but it has a different connotation to me.

Back