So I just meandered over to the Keisel website to see what kind of guitars they're making...

Well, at least the clown from "IT" has something to play.

ronald_mcdonald_jumping1.jpg

The EVH and Lynch guitars would be something I’d buy if I won the lottery. I’d love to have them, but they aren’t really practical for me.
I just build my own EVH guitars and don't break the bank with them. And they're very practical for me since I'm a bridge pickup player and I love non-floating, non-recessed Floyds.

to be clear: carvins are not kiesels. jeff has separated kiesel from carvin and has taken a once great company down into the gutter.

Their guitars are nice enough. But I love the feel of Carvin/Keisel basses. I have 3 and would love another 1 or 5.

Their guitars are nice enough. But I love the feel of Carvin/Keisel basses. I have 3 and would love another 1 or 5.

I have a nice, not too flashy Carvin IC6 bass. Very, very well made. A joy to play & it sounds & feels great.

If the Canadian dollar would go up a bit more , I'd get an IC4, or maybe a Brian Bromberg 4 string bass

It doesn't have to be florescent orange with clownburst yellow quilted maple top & Flame maple & Abalone neck, etc.

You can make it literally HOWEVER YOU WANT IT.

Maybe Keisel should put up pics of more understated looking instruments. You can have a nice instrument without it being all blinged up like that. Some people are into that, & that is fine. I know they do turn off a lot of potential customers who only see or play the really over the top ones, & think thatès all they can do.

They mess up the side dots sometimes?

Hmm, mine are nice:grin:

I'd just send it back, tell them to make another one, & do it right.

to be clear: carvins are not kiesels. jeff has separated kiesel from carvin and has taken a once great company down into the gutter.

From what I read in the past Jeff’s dad, mark, and his uncle were the ones who split kiesel and carvin. Mark is president and Jeff is the vp, both are co-owners. Either way it seems like Jeff is in charge on the mfg, designs and aesthetics.

they look like guitars rich parents in the burbs buy their kids who dont know any better playing in their first grindcore band.

Back