So I just meandered over to the Keisel website to see what kind of guitars they're making...

I'd hit this tho.

IMG_2893.JPG

Kind of a shame how much gorgeous wood is getting hit with clownface color schemes. But the ones with restrained finishes look great.

I think some of their models are pretty decent, you just gotta restrain from getting the ultra blingy wood.

I'd love to own a headless Holdsworth or a Vader, and there is nothing wrong with the CT line, the old models (DC200, Ultra V, V220. JB), the Gambale, their Tele-shaped model, the bolt-on series, etc. Heck, they even CNC their side dots now just for @Help!I'maRock! :)

Their two newest models though, I agree. The Aries looks a bit like the DC200 (a super-Strat, basically) but the lines/angles are just a bit off to my eyes, where-as the DC200 has a nice classic look to it. The Vanquish is just butt-ugly. It looks like they left it out in the sun too long and it melted messedup0 The signature Chris Lecthford model isn't my thing aesthetically, but I wouldn't turn down, nor refuse to play, a free one :embarrassed:

That 'numbers' guitar is based on one of Jason Becker's old Carvin's:

05_JasonBecker_Promo.jpg

Kiesel is actually doing a cool thing, as each one sold part of the proceeds go to Jason, I believe. Or if not to Jason, then to an ALS (Lou Gerhig's disease) foundation.

That 'numbers' guitar is based on one of Jason Becker's old Carvin's:

05_JasonBecker_Promo.jpg

Kiesel is actually doing a cool thing, as each one sold part of the proceeds go to Jason, I believe. Or if not to Jason, then to an ALS (Lou Gerhig's disease) foundation.
I always liked that guitar, however it's so associated with Jason that it's not something I think I'd personally want.
I'm not really a fan of these types of signature models. They are just too closely related to the artist themselves.
Same reason why I'd never buy a VH Kramer copy of Eddie's guitar or something related to George Lynch.

I’ve hated every Kissel I’ve picked up to play including the one Oscar had. Not a fan.

I always liked that guitar, however it's so associated with Jason that it's not something I think I'd personally want.
I'm not really a fan of these types of signature models. They are just too closely related to the artist themselves.
Same reason why I'd never buy a VH Kramer copy of Eddie's guitar or something related to George Lynch.

The EVH and Lynch guitars would be something I’d buy if I won the lottery. I’d love to have them, but they aren’t really practical for me.

I owned several Carvins a while back, and I liked everything about them except the neck shape. I guess I just had good experiences, as most here seem to hate them.

Back