So I got drunk the other night

Hah! My brother did that. If I was still running well, I would consider one. Running is not going to be enough of a focus for me to pull off such a race now though. They should make a XC mountain bike version then I would be in.

Hah! My brother did that. If I was still running well, I would consider one. Running is not going to be enough of a focus for me to pull off such a race now though. They should make a XC mountain bike version then I would be in.

You don't get timed so it's not really something you try to put a decent time in.

First year I did in in about 3:12 and last year I did it in 3:30 because the mud was much worse.

My brother's been overweight for years but has recently got into the gym. Hopefully this will keep him focussed.

But I digress, after a week of birthday based ripping the arse out of it with food and bevvy I start my training in earnest tonight. Some weights and I think a few hill sprints (living on a big feckin hill helps) will set me off right.

It that the one with the obsticles and electrocution? Sounds like fun. messedup0

And then you get to replace your chain, brake pads, and repack your bearings. :facepalm:
I raced several muddy races only because I needed the points in the series. It is pretty fun until the damage is tallied.

239944ComfortPost1s.jpg

239944TapatioFinish1med.jpg

The race of 100 chain-sucks:
239944Warda05_finish1.jpg

It that the one with the obsticles and electrocution? Sounds like fun. messedup0

And then you get to replace your chain, brake pads, and repack your bearings. :facepalm:
I raced several muddy races only because I needed the points in the series. It is pretty fun until the damage is tallied.

I started mountain biking in Washington State in the late 80's. If you did not ride in the wet and mud, you didn't ride. So, to me, getting a little muddy IS part of mountain biking! :grin:

Reactions: Tig
Yeah, but you put yourself there, then dragged your brother with you. :wink:

True

I had been under the assumption that if he decided he really didn't want to do it, I could just transfer the entry onto my name and be credited if I manage a 2nd lap but it turns out you're not allowed to do that so the little shit better get his self ready for this :grin:

So he's properly chickened out.

On the upside I've moved the registration over to myself meaning if I manage the 2 laps which I'm planning on doing, I'll be credited with both instead of just one :thu:

So he's properly chickened out.

Would his name happen to be "Robin"?
:grin:
tumblr_inline_ncw87gtSE71sb4uzh.gif

Bravely bold Sir Robin
Rode forth from Camelot.
He was not afraid to die,
Oh brave Sir Robin.
He was not at all afraid
To be killed in nasty ways.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin.

He was not in the least bit scared