Show me the cheapest guitar you own.

Mitchell D-100 i got used from GC for $100 plus shipping & tax.

44228641945_35b954e329_b.jpg

30202240417_00da13a4e9_b.jpg

227c07eedc3f672bbbc5803a0ff0ef12.jpg

I got this Recording King Dirty Thirties solid top guitar from MF SDOTD FOR$100. The pick up is a 50s DeArmond 210 I found in a case of a guitar I took ln trade. Sounds like Lightning Hopkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 50779

Shit photo is somehow appropriate!

This Morris Hurricane Stella (you tell me which words are the brand, and which are the model, because I can't even after years of internet research) was purchased for $102 at Albuquerque Music Go Round.

It's a terrific guitar, if perhaps radically ugly. Apparently made by Matsumoku (sp?) sometime between 1977 and 1982, it has that 70s MIJ wood quality (high) and attention to detail. Hospital wall green; weighs next to nothing. Unlike some of Matsumoku's other stuff, the fretboard is not tiny and so I can play it (use of verb "to play" very relative here).

In fact, I really love the guitar. Previous owner decked the trem, and that's how it's gonna stay because I'm an Officially Licensed Fender Whore and I've got plenty of other Strats where things are closer to the standard.

Pictured next to the JC-77 to see if @OGG is reading.

I approve.

Mitchell D-100 i got used from GC for $100 plus shipping & tax.

44228641945_35b954e329_b.jpg

30202240417_00da13a4e9_b.jpg
Is it any good?
A friend was looking for a starter guitar and these were on my radar.
I ended up getting her a Breedlove Discovery instead.

I have a Mitchell MD400 ( my second cheapest guitar )/and like it a lot.

Is it any good?

other than the bridge saddle needing a little lowering (simple task, but i'm lazy) it's very good.
it's also the first generation of them. the second generation they cheapened them up a bit. (when they started using the Mitchell applied to the face of the headstock, instead of inlaid under the finish). but they're still pretty decent as long as they're set up.

Reactions: DFB
Is it any good?

I have a Mitchell 12 string that I bought from a guy on Craigslist for $125. I've been happy with it. It's no Guild, but it doesn't have any real issues and satisfied my want for a 12-string.

upload_2019-10-9_9-14-4.png

Back