Saint Plays A Solo Blues Gig On July 3rd, 2015

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Played my 1st lengthy solo blues gig for a backyard party on July 3, 2015. I played 32 blues tunes beginning a little after 5:embarrassed:0pm and ending at 8:30pm.

The Corner - S.jpg

I plan to do more of these so I will need to get more cables to tidy up my setup.

My Corner - S.jpg

The Gear Corner - S.jpg

Breaks were taken for dinner and just the standard 10-15 rest period. My plate consisted of Ribs, Roasted Turkey, Potato Salad, Beans and Corn Bread Cup Cake. I ate most of the protein and discarded the rest. Hard to sing on a full stomach so I ate just what I needed and not feel over stuffed.

Dinner - S.jpg

As the sun began to set in Costa Mesa I took a shot of the small crowd where the party was. The gig was success and the hosts were pleased (along with the audience) and said that they would definitely hire me again. The baby in the woman's arm also enjoyed the music and they were sitting only about 4-5 feet away from me.

Quick Crowd Shot - S.jpg

When I began to tear down I could see Jupiter and Venus nice and bright in the sky. Wish that I took a pic but I didn't.

Can't wait to do another one of these again!!!

right on. I would never do a solo gig. I need to have others there to help hide my mistakes. :grin:

Awesome gig!

Oh....and nice to see that yourself, baimun, and me all have the same fan. Must enjoy quality music.... :embarrassed:

That same fan is at all of my gigs!!! :helper:
Awesome gig!

Oh....and nice to see that yourself, baimun, and me all have the same fan. Must enjoy quality music.... :embarrassed:

That fan gets a lot of mileage doesn't it....

right on. I would never do a solo gig. I need to have others there to help hide my mistakes. :grin:

Remember Chad,

There are no bad notes, just bad resolutions!

Make a mistake and just plow on!!!

Back