Ruined my Blues playing

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
21665_631258053574257_114329661_n_zps34d18870.jpg

That is a funny cartoon!

Back in about 1967, when I was 16, I was helping to book a church coffeehouse. One of my 16-year-old friends got into blues and wanted to book a night. I asked him what date he wanted, he said, "I don't know; to play the blues you have to feel the blues, and I don't know how I'll be feeling any particular night." o_O

I'm thinking to myself, "You're sixteen fucking years old, what blues have you felt?" :rolleyes:

Hey! You're too old to remember, but being 16 fucking hurts, dude!

He was playing a brand-new Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar his mother bought him, sitting next to his hot girlfriend that I had a crush on. SO who had the blues? :eek:

I agree, however, that being 16 is tough. I wouldn't go back to my teen years, even if I could keep the knowledge I've attained over the years.

I definitely had the blues when I was a teenager! Nowadays I accept everything life throws at me with a mundane indifference, but back then I really got worked up about stuff!

He was playing a brand-new Gretsch Country Gentleman guitar his mother bought him, sitting next to his hot girlfriend that I had a crush on. SO who had the blues? :eek:

I agree, however, that being 16 is tough. I wouldn't go back to my teen years, even if I could keep the knowledge I've attained over the years.

He was the gift that gave the blues to you!

Back