Rocksmith anyone? CDLC question

nuke_diver

Riding Solo
This might not get too far since most of you are serious musicians and things like Rocksmith wouldn't be something you would need but it's my only way to "play in a band". I heard about this CDLC (Custom Downloadable Content) and wonder if it's worthwhile or not. Especially since they are no long releasing actual new content anymore.

If someone does know about it my questions are

a) is it safe or full of malware etc
b) is it relatively easy to use
c) apparently the CDLC needs 1 song to allow it to be used. Does that mean you need to modify things every time you get a new song you want to learn

Thanks in advance!

It’s been around for years without malware, so I think that it’s trustworthy.

Once you find the thread with instructions it’s a two or three step install. You shouldn't have to update it often on Windows (Apple updates break it often). Rocksmith has passed it’s end of life so it no longer gets updates for Apple so if you have a Mac running the latest OS it might not work. I’m still on an older version of Mac OS so I don’t know if it’s dead now.

You just need to buy one song to make it work. For some reason everybody uses the same Smashing Pumpkins song. Nothing needs to be changed later unless you download a song in a different platform format and have to convert it.

Back