Reverend Guitar

rhino

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I put down some guitar tracks on somebody else's project in the studio last night. I didn't even bother bringing a guitar, because I was in the mood for something more adventurous.

Tried a couple of teles and ended up settling on a Reverend with two soapbar p90s through a black face bandmaster turned up pretty freaking loud. drool0

That was my first time spending any real time with a Reverend Guitar. I likey. Offered to buy it a few times, but they kept saying no.

They're quality guitars. I love mine.

DSC_0266.jpg

For some reason, they simply don't seem to exist in the Bay Area. I've never had the chance to see one in the flesh.

Just checked on Craigslist -- there is one actual guitar listed in the SF Bay area. However, there apparently IS now a shop that sells them -- but it's in San Rafael (Marin Co.) -- over an hour from here...

Last edited:
Texted the guy to find out the model. It is a Charger 290 with a sunburst finish.

drool0

That's pretty hot. How'd you like those pick ups? What were they like?
I loved the look of it. The pickups were pretty cool although once I had my McFeely guitars I found myself never playing this or my two Suhrs so I sold them all a few years ago. Here is a clip with this guitar:

Texted the guy to find out the model. It is a Charger 290 with a sunburst finish.
Oooohhhh. That's actually what I wanted, but my shop had the Jetstream and I kinda fell in love with it.
They had a Charger too, but the red finish wasn't what I had in mind.

I just got a new one. (I had a flatroc for years but got fed up w the filtertron tone.)

It's one of the Sensei Jrs. It's fucking rad. The bass contour makes it super versatile

I loved the look of it. The pickups were pretty cool although once I had my McFeely guitars I found myself never playing this or my two Suhrs so I sold them all a few years ago. Here is a clip with this guitar:

And now your daughter wants a silver sparkly guitar :)

I'd like a warhawk body, in metallic alpine with Vito-esc racing stripes, a bigsby, 2 p90s, with the bass contour, and the squared off headstock from the Sensi Jr.

Too bad I'm not famous enough to get my own custom model or rich enough to pay for it.

Back