Question: Replacement pickup suggestions...

Ok....almost immediate response from Ilya at Fokin pickups. We discussed my needs and he recommended a set of pups. I placed the order and the next day he emailed me pics of the finished product!!
3103d9e5cb1672350b31fb65cc83d811.jpg
890f569bd9d099b86068fc80c13b6008.jpg

I had told him that I wanted to buy a t-shirt too and he said he would add it in as a gift!!

My communication with him was top notch and practically immediate considering he is halfway around the world!!
His prices are untouchable too....
Anybody that might be interested in his products, I can provide you with the contact info he gave me.
I got in touch through sevenstring.org but he gave me his email as well.

Everything I read/watched beforehand was all positive reviews. And the price was the tipping factor. I was contemplating a Suhr, but just the humbucker was $100 and about $80 each for the singles!!!
A guy in the Splawn forum I visit has a set in his guitar...lemme see if I can post it here for you.

Here it is along with his post. Obviously he's playing a Quickrod( that's what I have as well).

New pickup selection

A friend of mine got me some pickups to try. It's from a Russian manufacturer called Fokin, pickup is Hot Breeze bridge humbucker, 14 Kohm, alnico 5. I've installed it in my guitar in place of BBQ just to try it, and I'm stoked, really great and dynamic sounding pickup. Here's a video.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_fid=108332&share_type=t&share_pid=121002

So the pickups I bought are in transit but I just started thinking that I might want to try installing them myself?
I have a soldering iron and flux but I have very little experience with soldering. I did sucessfully make some mic cables in the past so...
Do you guys feel that this is too much of a project for a beginning solderer or should I give it a shot?
Any tips/suggestions etc?
I have a guitar repair/maintenance book that probably explains it, if I can find where I put it!!

Thanks for the vid! I've got a little more learning before I'm ready to try it but I'm gonna give it a shot I think!

Swapping pickups is the perfect way to start. If you make a mistake, you will learn more. There are about a billion schematics out there. Just find out what color code the pickup maker uses.

It looks like he included a diagram( if that's what I'm seeing in the pics I posted above). I'll just disassemble and reassemble one at a time!

I just ordered a custom pick guard from warmoth. It's a different color than what is on the guitar now. I need to order new vol and tone knobs in the correct color. I remember reading that there are different types(?) for strats. Is it the knob that is different or the potentiometer? I can't remember...
599d435ce1bb1f8f0189eb97635d3acd.jpg

This is what's currently on it.
Any good sites to buy these?

Tracking is showing the new pickups as delivered!! Hopefully I'll get some time this coming long weekend to work on the guitar!!!
New pickups, pickguard, knobs etc...

Back