PRS J-MOD 100

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets

$5,990

The J-MOD 100 amplifier is a single channel amp featuring a switchable gain stage and effects loop. The amp’s tone stack features a beautiful, spread out tone that is at once huge and clear. When the gain stage is kicked in, the amp gets rich in harmonics and delivers a bit more bite. The versatility provided by this setup allows the J-MOD 100 to deliver a huge variety of sounds whether using singlecoils or humbuckers.

Additional tone-sculpting features include a bright switch, which adds more high-end to your tone, and a presence control that boosts the high-end in the power amp section of the amplifier, giving you a livelier, more complex tone. There is no reverb built into the J-MOD 100, but an effects loop was requested by Mayer for his reverb tanks. The amp’s effects loop (and gain boost) is controlled by the footswitch, so players can use any reverb or effects unit desired with this amp.

http://www.prsguitars.com/amplifiers/jmod/j_mod_100/

I don't think his Two-Rock was any more affordable but it had reverb built in.

I wonder if it's still Dumble-based?

For that much money I could fly to England, take a London vacation, commission an amazing amp from Matamp, and prepay for it to be built and shipped back.

Amps don't cost $6k to build (obviously). They don't cost $3k to build. Heck, they don't cost $1k to build. Sure, R+D is a thing, but that's ridiculous.

I feel sorry for anyone taken in by one of these.

Amps don't cost $6k to build (obviously). They don't cost $3k to build. Heck, they don't cost $1k to build. Sure, R+D is a thing, but that's ridiculous.

With quality parts and American labor costs I cost for a boutique hand-wired amp could hit $1,000 because the little guys have no economy of scale. If they use a $450 transformer it costs them $450. But those guys don’t ask $6,000 for a single-channel amp!

No you wont
It isn't a pirate elf metal amp.
Nothing elf metal about this.

899c31bd9a5ff24b1709f288fe324c98.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back