Pricing focus grouping - my thoughts and your views needed

Saw this and thought of this thread.

12038888_1147710671910187_5551136556117197593_o.jpg

They're making a stop tail using the same gauge steel as Mastery.

Could be an option for you to offer up and it wouldn't cost you any time and labour in the body routing phase.

I'm still confused.

* Is this a one-time-only event? Or are you seeing if you find it feasible to do "100 a year?" And FWIW, 1% is NOT better than 0% if it requires precious resources (which are not always simple dollars and sense - think of your mental energy as a sole proprietor).

* You have fanatical followers - awesome! Of course you do - they're really gorgeous guitars. But I'm fairly certain those folks' fanaticism was won by your higher end custom guitars; in plain terms, your guitars are an aspirant brand to them. Their emotions are almost certainly fueled by the mild unobtainium. Aren't you concerned that your brand's image will take a hit if you do CNC guitars with (gag) Duncan Designed or Tonerider pickups? My CV Squier Tele has Toneriders. Brands like Buell and Lexus exist for reasons.

If this is a one-time thing to do something nice for fans on a budget then drop any notion of profitability (don't take a bath, either) and just do it. If you're trying out a business model, I humbly submit that as a potential target market, I'm more interested in a $2k guitar of yours (well, $1,700) than a $1k guitar.

* You have fanatical followers - awesome! Of course you do - they're really gorgeous guitars. But I'm fairly certain those folks' fanaticism was won by your higher end custom guitars; in plain terms, your guitars are an aspirant brand to them. Their emotions are almost certainly fueled by the mild unobtainium. Aren't you concerned that your brand's image will take a hit if you do CNC guitars with (gag) Duncan Designed or Tonerider pickups? My CV Squier Tele has Toneriders. Brands like Buell and Lexus exist for reasons.

r.

I think we've covered the pickup thing to death with me repeatedly saying they won't be tone riders, gfs, Duncan designed ect.

Fanaticism over unobtainium is nice but money in our pockets is what keeps the doors open. No reason why I can't look at finding a balance of both. After all Chevy doesn't just survive on selling Vettes. (Or Ferrari on La Ferraris)

Last edited:
OK, then it's R&D. In which case, I'd worry less about cost structure and more about market reaction.

I love the shape of your guitars; wishing you well.

Saw this and thought of this thread.

12038888_1147710671910187_5551136556117197593_o.jpg

They're making a stop tail using the same gauge steel as Mastery.

Could be an option for you to offer up and it wouldn't cost you any time and labour in the body routing phase.
great googly moogely. I need that green one. I'll take just the body.

Back