Preowned Red Rooster Guitars Rodster ’55

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/red-rooster-guitars-rodster-55/

RedRooster55.jpg

Rooster ’55

Inspired by another classic 1950′s solidbody guitar, the Rooster ’55 offers a shorter scale length and the hourglass body shape. The rock Maple neck is carved to a 50’s style shape with 12″ radius and medium jumbo frets. The lightweight pine body, and compensated bridge hardware take the tone in a different direction, with the distinctive Red Rooster cosmetics.

The base model Rooster features our signature round pickguard recessed flush with the top as a standard feature, recessed control plate, and recessed banding around the sides of the guitar. Choose either perforated aluminum or crocskin leather for these custom appointments. Further customize your Rooster with additional circular body inserts that we call Crop Circles or Croc Circles depending on the material. Base models finishes include solid non metallic colors or oil finish, with custom paint available.

• Model: Red Rooster Rodster ’55
  • Weight: 7lbs 5oz
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Neck: Maple
  • Scale: 25 1/2″
  • Radius: 9.5″
  • Shape: V to C .88.-.95
  • Nut Width: 1 11/16″
  • Frets: Medium Jumbo
  • Bridge Pickup: Jason Lollar Lollartron
  • Neck Pickup: Jason Lollar Lollartron
  • Color: Flat Black
  • Caps: Orange Drop.022
  • Tuners: Staggered Vintage Style
  • Bridge: Joe Barden w/Compensated Brass Saddles
  • Pots: CTS Vol 500K, Tone 500K
  • Switch: CRL 3-Way
  • Case: Custom G&G
$2395.00 + shipping

Boutique guitars are starting to look like someone is just running a computer program to generate a list of features from other guitars that must be cobbled together into a more expensive guitar.

Usually I would piss all over something like this, but for some reason, I quite like it.

Must be the senility settling in :(.

I just don't care for the look. Perhaps in a different color it would interest me.

Back