Practice amps!

Steverino

black sheep
A7F4D433-897D-4CB5-8DAD-649751D4A74B_zps5dcm3ajp.jpg

These 3 amps have been sitting in a dusty corner of my shop for years, so long I can't remember who gave 2 of them to me or what the issues were (they apparently had problems, that's why I wound up with them).

The Peavey Audition 20 was used years ago to run a talkbox. It's bomb-proof. A little (a lot, actually) cleaning up and re-connecting the speaker got it running. Cool.

The Epiphone Electar had a burnt out pilot light. That's all that was wrong with it! It's got a 12Ax7 and a 6L6. Not too shabby of an amp. I dig.

The Marshall Lead 12 had a bad power cord, some numbskull diked the ground prong (hate it when idiots do that), and had been spliced with electrical tape. The pots were terribly dirty, so I cleaned them with DeOxit.

Of the three, I have to say that Marshall kicks all kinds of ass. For a SS rig ( and Celestion 10") it's got a great sound. I cleaned all 3 up and moved them into my music room, where I now have a total of 8 amps :embarrassed:

I keep 2 extension cords in my van. One with the ground plug broke off, for houses with the 2 prong outlets. I loose the adapters, harder to loose an extension cord. The other is for jobs that OSHA might show up. Just an aside, more than once, I've pulled something out of an outlet, and the ground prong stayed in the outlet.

Lead 12 is a very cool amp.

I keep 2 extension cords in my van. One with the ground plug broke off, for houses with the 2 prong outlets. I loose the adapters, harder to loose an extension cord. The other is for jobs that OSHA might show up. Just an aside, more than once, I've pulled something out of an outlet, and the ground prong stayed in the outlet.

Lead 12 is a very cool amp.
I can understand extension cords modded that way. I should have made it clear I was referring to guitar amps. My brother in law is in the maintenance field (hotels/motels) and he's done that to several. If I ever borrow one I make sure I grab one with the grounds :grin:

I start typing and occasionally, get out what I want to say. :grin: I do the extension cords, so I don't have molest my tools. Same for amps.

Back