Porsche 919 Le Mans race car destroys Nurburgring lap record

Proof that you can make anything go as fast as your wallet will allow. While an impressive lap no car will ever be raced competitively in this configuration due to the insane cost and safety issues. But cool none the less.

I wonder if the same treatment was given to a modern F1 car what it would do.

The 919 EVo was built to be Porsche's entry into the Le Mans series, but they left the series after the VW emissions scandal/settlements. The 919 Tribute is that car. The only thing it lacks is the 'balancing' from the FIA to make the WEC competitive. I'm sure the limitations of "no FIA tech inspection" allows for more open adjustment and removes things like fuel restrictions and such.

No idea what could be done with an F1 car under these 'limited rules' settings. I'm sure one could go even faster with active aero, active suspension, and the like.

They basically took the 919 they raced and then changed the aero and drastically increased the HP far beyond WEC limits and ran it. This would never be allowed in any FIA sanctioned race as it is.

That was insane.

I have a laser-scanned version of the Nordschleife that I drive in this. I've driven thousands of virtual laps on that track. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

XZc5WWY.jpg

3Y4bZta.jpg

4e3fkgS.jpg

For me it is the ultimate set-up track. If you can set your car up to do a good time on the 'Schleiffe all you do is small adjustments for the rest of the tracks.

Silverstone is another good set-up track for me, for the same reason.

I use the 'Schleiffe for more twisty tracks and Silverstone for the speed tracks like Road America, Monza and the Glen.

Which sim are you referring to? iChasing or PCars 2? Frankly, I find the R3E track to be the best of the bunch even though it is not laser scanned.

For me it is the ultimate set-up track. If you can set your car up to do a good time on the 'Schleiffe all you do is small adjustments for the rest of the tracks.

Silverstone is another good set-up track for me, for the same reason.

I use the 'Schleiffe for more twisty tracks and Silverstone for the speed tracks like Road America, Monza and the Glen.

Which sim are you referring to? iChasing or PCars 2? Frankly, I find the R3E track to be the best of the bunch even though it is not laser scanned.
rFactor 2.

Asetto Corsa has been my driving sim of choice. I don't have the full rig that Flatspotter has, but I do have a Fanatec CSR wheel and clubsport pedals, as well as an Oculus for VR setup. I've done some laps around Spa with my VR setup in a 2004 Ferrari Formula 1 car. It is quite an experience. One of the cool things about VR is that it gives you depth perception so it is a little more intuitive to judge distances.

Asetto Corsa has been my driving sim of choice. I don't have the full rig that Flatspotter has, but I do have a Fanatec CSR wheel and clubsport pedals, as well as an Oculus for VR setup. I've done some laps around Spa with my VR setup in a 2004 Ferrari Formula 1 car. It is quite an experience. One of the cool things about VR is that it gives you depth perception so it is a little more intuitive to judge distances.
I prefer R3E, RF2 or Automobilista but no one is on when I am on. I don't mind doing hot laps or even races against the AI but I prefer to race against others.

My go to is PC2 because of the league I am in and that is what most of the people I race with use.

I don't have the full-on rig but just purchased a Fanatech CSL Elite PS4 with the pedals, load cell brake and the shifter. I was using a G27 rig and liked it but it took a big dig a few weeks ago. I had no idea what I was missing until I got the Fanatech. The difference is marked.

I don't know if I am faster but I sure can feel the car better.

I cannot get VR until I get a better computer, but I think I am going to just go triple screen for now. I like VR, I have used it and it is amazing, but I wear glasses when I race and when I used the VR rig it became uncomfortable after awhile.

What i do love about it is that I can look into the turns much better with VR.

They have a laser scanned version? Is it an older DL? I cannot find it in the Steam Workshop and when I got the sim it was already hooked up to the workshop.
It's an unauthorized conversion from AC. Not perfect, but still quite driveable.

I used to use 3D when I had a CRT. It was amazing! I use a TrackIR with the triples so I can look into corners. And see if anyone is coming when I spin off the track. Not that I do that a lot...

I have the Fanatec Club Sport v2 and 4 different wheels. I also have the Club Sport pedals and H-shifter. They make great stuff, but I've broken almost every piece of equipment I've bought from them. Luckily, their customer service is good. I'm debating whether to get the direct drive wheel when it comes out.

I just bought all the pieces for a new computer and will be putting it together over the next week.

Back