Playing live - eyeballing my stage hand

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
It's been a few year since I've made out and I had my third gig last weekend (and another this Saturday). As I'm on stage I really try to make an effort to not have my eyeballs glued to my stage hand. I try to look up at other band members and the crowd and whatever, but it gets harder then I remember.

Saw two pictures from last weeks (one in the newspaper) gigs and BOTH times I had my eyes locked on my stage hand like I'm damned kookie.

I don't even like guys, just his sense of fashion or the cut of his jeans or something.... Not that there'd be anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
My problem is the opposite....I look away and then fuck shit up.
Try to look up during the easier parts of songs when maybe you're just strumming a basic progression.
Then when something that needs more attention comes up you can concentrated on the fretboard.
Just be sure to make the right "Guitar God" faces when you're looking at the guitar.

0b1d72a9ac50369253e9b65b0bd71d46.jpg

My problem is the opposite....I look away and then fuck shit up.
Try to look up during the easier parts of songs when maybe you're just strumming a basic progression.
Then when something that needs more attention comes up you can concentrated on the fretboard.
Just be sure to make the right "Guitar God" faces when you're looking at the guitar.

0b1d72a9ac50369253e9b65b0bd71d46.jpg

IMG_2858.JPG

Back