Pie makes me happy . . .

and here are the first two I ever made myself.
1ac03c46e5bd9f197d0f91d8fedb8122.jpg

Yeah, they look a little like horror house jack-o-lanterns but that's ok. They taste good!

Mixed berry using the costco triple berry mix (marionberry, raspberry, blueberry). Made the crust from scratch. Yes, I connected with my inner Florence Henderson and shortening.

Pi day is later this month.

Good! My kids like math. We will use that as an excuse to do it again. My homemade crust came out pretty good, but next time I will mix it just a bit less, and try to roll out the bottom just a bit thinner. But it tastes dang good! Oh, also, I plan to find some rhubarb to mix in with the berries for some more tang.

Square root of pie equals delicious!

I love pie.

I just discovered a new ice cream that takes pie a la mode to absurd levels.

It's Tillamook brand Marion Berry pie... oh.my.god.

It's amazing.

Tillamook, out of Oregon! that is some good stuff right there!
Yup.

They either just started making ice cream, or it just became available here. Either way, every one I've tried has been glorious.

It ain't cheap though. $6 per half gallon.

Worth every penny.

Rhubarb: APPROVED :thu:

My mom used to make a rhubarb pie that was my favorite pie ever.

My mom makes a rhubarb-raisin pie that is for me the best ever. I'm a huge chocoholic, and I'd rather have rhubarb-raisin pie than any chocolate :embarrassed:

There are ways to make pie crusts without lard or shortening, too. My family uses 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of milk...and that makes 2 crusts, one for the pie plate and one for on top.

Here's one that is probably a bit tastier:
http://anyrecipe.net/dessert/recipes/piecrust_without_shortening.html

Back