Pickup for my new acoustic....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I will need to get a pickup in my new acoustic soon.

I am leaning towards the K&K Pure Mini but I'm open to suggestions. In a perfect world a dual source system would be the ideal solution ( transducer and a mic) but not in the budget right now. The Highlander IP-2 is high on the list as well.

So - any suggestions on what you like?

I've used a couple different LR baggs that I like including the Anthem.

There's also one from a company called MiSi that is actually an LR Baggs with a rechargeable battery inside instead of swapping 9 volts.

http://mi-si.com/products/

I run these and they're both sound great on my acoustic amp. The Bragg is expensive, needs batteries, and has a volume control. It is installed on a 000/parlor guitar; it fit but was a pain in the ass and it's cocked to the side so the pole pieces line up with the strings. All the pole pieces are adjustable. Using 10's I didn't need to do anything.

The SD is inexpensive doesn't use batteries and has no volume control. To install it you position it and slide it forward until it seats. If you're a person who will take it in and out of the guitar the SD will eventually wear and you'll have to figure something else out to make it stay in place. The SD is wired direct and I thought about and may still make it so you plug into a regular guitar. As for now the guitar plugs into the amp or pedal board and the cable is nice and long.

I have my amp currently set to where I don't have to touch it to use the 12 string with the SD and if I plug in the Bragg I just have to adjust the volume control.

Back