One Ugly Ass Amp. Ampeg G-212

Just ordered a mod 12-75. Place I was thinking about has Jensens but, no Mods. MF has $20 off $89, so ordered just one speaker, and some strings, and bassoon reeds.

Those jensen mods are some nice sounding speakers. I used 'em in a crate v18 a while back and they really brought the amp to life.

Hi there. Just found this thread in Google. I own an Ampeg G-212 since december 2010 and I like the way it looked when I bought it. Only in my Ampeg there are 2x12" Electro Voice speakers which make the Ampeg sound as clean as Roland Jazz Chorus. I made a video review on YouTube, you can find that easily by searching for the Ampeg G-212.

Hi Benthie. Welcome to the forum.

Wish mine came with the EV speakers. Funny you have a Time Line. My son has an El Capistan.

Diferent strokes for diferent folks, about the looks. I knew when I bought it, I would be recovering the amp, main reason of the thread title. Also, I do miss being able to stick a pedal to it. On top, on the sides.... :grin:

Thanks for the video.

Do you notice any difference between the high gain, and low gain imputs on yours?

Have you tried a bass through it?

Again, welcome to the forum. Stick around.

Hey, I do not notice any difference between the inputs... Can you tell me what the polarity switch is for? I think that might only be useful for people in the states because we have different sockets here... I haven't tried a bass but since the sound of the amp without the "treble switch" is pretty bassy, I imagine that also a bass sounds quite good. The inbuilt Tremolo makes a constant sound, a rhythmic chk-chk-chk even if you turn speed and intensity of the Tremolo down... Do you know how to fix this?

I'm far from an expert, what I understand, from bits I've read on the Internet: The polarity switch is for: Once upon a time, it had a 2 prong plug. If you got shocked, you flipped the switch to the other position. Mine already had a 3 prong grounded cord on it. So it's not needed now.

No, don't know how to fix the trem. Mine, if I turn the trem back down, it starts feeding back. Only way I deal with it is, turn amp off, then turn speed, and intensity down, then turn amp back on.

Where are you that's not in the states? We have a lot of those here. Check out the Lounge. This place is a great collection of very cool people.

I'm in Germany and as far as I believe I think I own maybe the only G212 here... I've never seen one pop up on Ebay. What do you mean by lounge?

I live in Kempton IL. a very tiny town 225 people, sure I'm the only one here with one.

The Lounge is a sub forum. Off topic silly stuff that doesn't fit in any of the other forums. Right now, you are in the Loudhouse, our amp forum.

Here are all the sub forums.

http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/

P1090211.JPG
P1090209.JPG
P1090210.JPG
P1090206.JPG
P1090208.JPG
[/ATTACH] A few more pics. Couldn't take not seeing pipeing at top. Added some wood, to bring it out, so it's not stuck up in the head.

What it looks like with two Jenen Mods in it. Weird thing about the old speakers, Put the first old Emi in the box that the first Mod came in, When I got the second one, put that in the box the second one came in and, box won't close. Different size from front to back.

Next project, Bro in law, and I tore into this more than a year ago and, never got back to it. Ampeg 1x15. Think I have enough of the blue pebble to do it. Speaker is a Peavy Black Widow. Getting late in the year, hope I can get some days, not too cold, and I have time.

I love the Upload a file button here. Wish I could figure out how to put comments about a particular pic, above, or below that pic. Still, beats the shit out of fighting Photobucket.

Look at the differnce between the 40 year old badge on the guitar amp, and the little more recent one. Older is metal, not plastic crap. Might try to find a new one. Then I thought, OMG. I'm turning into one of those guys. You see, "vintage Gibson knobs" on Ebay, and think who is so anal that they would pay for that? Those guys.

I love the Upload a file button here. Wish I could figure out how to put comments about a particular pic, above, or below that pic. Still, beats the shit out of fighting Photobucket.

Look at the differnce between the 40 year old badge on the guitar amp, and the little more recent one. Older is metal, not plastic crap. Might try to find a new one. Then I thought, OMG. I'm turning into one of those guys. You see, "vintage Gibson knobs" on Ebay, and think who is so anal that they would pay for that? Those guys.

:thu:

You should be able ot move your cursor in between the images and type your text.

Six cups on the top, for the feet of a head to sit in, six more cups on one of the sides, and on that side, four rubber feet. Three strap handles on the other side. Casters on the bottom. Casters are the only thing going back on. Ordered two spring loaded handles.

P1090212.JPG

Borrowed a belt sander from Fernando.

P1090213.JPG

Back to the G-212. I had left the amp facing the wall after the last pic I took. So, I'm sitting in my lawn chair in the garage, drinking my morning coffee, garage is where I smoke, and I'm looking at the back of the amp.
P1090208.JPG

No effects loop. The 1/4" jacks are 1 for the footswitch, and 2 for extrnal amps. In my morning haze, waiting for the coffee to kick in, I'm thinking how ungodly loud this amp is and, what situation 99.99 % of people would need to hook it up to more amps.

Then I'm looking at the electric outlet. Think, that's handy. I wonder if a wall wart would work, there is only room to plug it in one way. Then I notice, it's grounded. Really doubt the amp would come with a 2 prong cord, and have a grounded outlet on it.

Bass cab is done.

When I uploaded the pics from the camera, there were already some other pics on it. Don't know who took this, or which son this is. Just thought it looked cool.

Attachments

• P1090486.JPG
    P1090486.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 61
Nice work...looks very professionally done! :thu:

Hope when I get around to re-covering my Peavey with python-print Tolex it looks as neatly done when I'm finished!

Back