Help! One amp to rule them all!

bsman

b00b
I am in a bit of a quandry. I have an entire small bedroom at my disposal to set up as a music-room, but with all the musical crap I've accumulated, I feel like I have 200 sq/ft of stuff for a 100 sq/ft of space. One thing I would like to do is consolidate amps. Now, I know that I am not going to get one amp that will do absolutely everything, but I would definitely like to get to the point where I have one guitar amp, one bass/keyboard amp and one acoustic/PA amp. Right now, I have the following:

Tech 21 Trademark 10
Kustom Defender 5H with 112 (Fane) cab
Vox Mini3
Blackstar HT1
Crate TX-30 Taxi (AC/DC) amp
Fishman Loudbox Performer (2-channel acoustic)
Peavey Manx 110 (bass/keyboard)

Would it make sense to get rid of the guitar amps with the exception of the Kustom (and use pedals to work around it's limitations)? Should I get rid of everything and start from scratch? I'm pretty committed to the Fishman, because it works well for acoustic + mic or two mics and is very flexible.

Go vertical and stack the amps. That will help to save some space until you decide what you will keep vs. sell.

As for what works for you in terms of amps, that to me is a personal decision as each amp has its own unique sound. Time to go side by side and decide which one is better for you. The ones that remain are that ones that you keep.

Yeah, its hard to find that one amp to do it all. I guess you gotta figure out what sound you need and get the amp that does it, or go for an amp with a great clean and add some pedals to get the flavors your need. I will be doing some real amp shopping once I buy the house. I want to have a really nice single channel amp that has a great clean and then muck it up with pedals :grin:

I want to have a really nice single channel amp that has a great clean and then muck it up with pedals :grin:

That is what I do!!!

Sadly clean sounds pending on the sound you seeking can also add into the mess.....sigh....

Back