Dig it! NWRSD

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
It's new wine red Strat day!

I saw this in one of the pawn shops that I stop in occasionally. It was hanging there for a couple of months. Every time I made an offer for it, it was rejected. They marked it down in the last few days. And I was able to get it for a bit less than I originally offered.

It's a 2011 MIM Strat. I replaced the stock pickups with a set of Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups that I had in the closet. The output jack had to be replaces so I just rewired the whole thing. I had to shim the neck with an old gift card that wasn't good any more. Then I set the action and intonation. And it plays well with no dead spots. In the future it could use a fret level. But for now, it's fine. The Vintage Noiseless pickups sound good and vintagey. It distorts well. I'm really happy with this one and I love the color.

DSCF0374_zpsd8dee3d1.jpg

DSCF0376_zpse7850497.jpg

HNSTRATDAY......it's a little hard to see the color in these pics.....almost looks black....a new (to you) strat is always a good thing. i'd love to go out and buy a dozen :rolleyes:

HNWRSD!

I have the Vintage Noiseless pups in a Strat, as well, so I know that Strat sounds sweet!

:ex:

(This in no way is to be construed as an endorsement of any strat-like guitar! I'm merely congratulating a forumite who got something they like. [Even if I think that makes her a sick, twisted individual])

HNGD! I too recently acquired a MIM Strat and I'm really impressed with the quality. One of the best values out there. I put in a set of Lace Hot Gold and some fender locking tuners. I couldn't be happier. I was never a Strat guy, but I've seen the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back