NPD!

Sauntman

Hack
Working at home today and FedEx just dropped off this bad boy. I'll have to wait until this evening to play with my new toy though. I ordered the pedal from Sweetwater yesterday on a whim and received it today.

imagejpg1_zps521f7976.jpg

Didn't have time during lunch, but I have this evening and most of the weekend to give it a thorough testing. Totally_jammin_out

This is my first Wampler pedal, but I have heard nothing but positive reviews regarding them. I did extensive online research on various distortion pedals before deciding on the Triple Wreck. They are pricey, so I hope it pays off.

Nice. How'z it sound?

It definitely gets you a Mesa Rectifier tone, but it is quite versatile. The knobs are super sensitive so just a very slight tweakining of the EQ knobs results in a vastly different tone. Like a Rectifier amp, there is a toggle for vintage mode and modern medal mode. With the boost switch on, you can adjust the contour knob to get a fuzz tone. I have played with it for a few hours now (in the Modern mode mainly) and have probably only skimmed the surface of the possibilities. It's good for 80s-90s metal and modern metal, but also good for classic hard rock (especially in the vintage mode I would think). With the contour turned up for more fuzz, it sort of mimics a Big Muff.

This video demonstrates the Triple Wreck quite well and better than I can put into words:

Back