NGD!

I had my eye on one of those before I ended up getting my Explorer kit. They're pretty sweet. I'd definitely swap pickups and I'd probably put some black speed knobs on it, but that's about it.

Very nice.

Needs four black stripes. :helper:

MTS_TheXtremist-1081151-matthias_jabs_1984.jpg

you only need the black stripes when you are rocking the striped spandex so you can coordinate.
maxresdefault.jpg

I had my eye on one of those before I ended up getting my Explorer kit. They're pretty sweet. I'd definitely swap pickups and I'd probably put some black speed knobs on it, but that's about it.
I was going to put black speed knobs on it, and I swapped out the tone knob, then went to pull the knob off one of the volume pots and the shaft came out of the pot, so I shelved that for now. It's definitely getting speed knobs at some point.

More mods: I installed some Railhammer Hyper Vintage pickups, black speed knobs, and changed the tone control from treble cut to bass cut. The Railhammers have a lot of bass, something I wasn't expecting given their claim to fame. Fortuitously, I decided to change the tone control to a bass cut when I installed them, without knowing they were bassy.

I like the full sound with a clean tone, but they sound better with the bass rolled off when using distortion.

The wire retainer on the bridge buzzes, so I think I'm going to put a TonePros bridge on it.

ExplorerbodyRH1024_zpsf98bfbe9.jpg

Railhammers out, Duncan Antiquities in. I couldn't get on with the Railhammers, so I sent them back and bought some Duncan Antiquities, which I like much better. I'm not real keen on the relic job, but what the hell. I also installed a TonePros bridge. This guitar rips now.

Explorerantiquities1024_zps60f58b78.jpg

Back